2005 Ford Mustang Speaker Trouble

Participant count
  • Participants list

mailmangrant

CarAudio.com Newbie
I was on my way home today when my front left door speaker started vibrating like crazy shaking the whole car. I turned volume all the way down and it was still going crazy. Only thing that could stop it was turning off head unit. Never had this happen and googling has gotten me zero results. It isn't a whine, it isn't a crackle. It is non-stop bass going in and out at a super high volume. Almost like a loud machine gun popping off.  I turned head unit off and when i got home powered it up and once power hit the speaker it was still reverberating non-stop. Any ideas on what the problem may be? Haven't changed anything in the audio system for years and never had a problem. Was working fine most the ride until this suddenly started out of nowhere. 

2005 Ford Mustang

Kenwood Head Unit

Shaker 500 stock speakers

External independent amp for 2 12" Subwoofers in trunk. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No one can say for sure until you actually try to troubleshoot where it's coming from. It's either the headunit or the amplifier. Very uncommon but it could be the subs are blown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.