2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD replacement door speakers

Participant count
  • Participants list

Gumby83

CarAudio.com Newbie
hey guys, i just bought a 08 Silverado and the passanger door speaker is blown (i think, it makes hissing noises and generally makes any higher pitched sounds are really bad) i tried reading some of the forum posts but i am just going to admit i am a full retard when it comes to anything speaker related. but wanted to reach out to some enthusiast/professionals for recommendations on what to replace them with. i am concerned if i go into a audio store and get them to replace it i will be getting over priced poo. I would like to get a additonal set of tweeters(i think thats the term) to go with the ones that come factory later down the road for some clearer sound (i listen to audio books quite frequently) If anyone has some suggestions i am all ears! Thank you guys for your time. 

[EDIT] I did some research, and found that the best voted all around 6.5" speakers are the JBL GTO9C, which seems to include tweeters and a Amp of some sort. While digging through the truck (My Deceased best friends truck) i found out he has a AMP and Sub Box? custom made to fit under his rear seats. I don't know if this is any good or if i can even replace it since he also has a after market head unit. I will attach pictures so you guys can see what i mean. Also, he had a Mobile Signal Booster? i think its for cell phone reception (his line of work took him to some pretty remote areas). Thanks again gents. [/EDIT]

[EDIT #2] After looking into JL Audio, it turns out this amp (XD600) is only (i think) a amplifer for the Subwoofer, so in my mind. i should be able to purchase the JBL GTO9C set, and have the amplifier and tweeters installed with that powering them? I hope that theory is right.[/EDIT]

20190616_190732.jpg

20190616_191829.jpg

20190616_190654.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.