6.5"-6.75" Component Speakers $150-200 ACTIVE

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ripkon

CarAudio.com Regular
Virginia
I have a little extra Money and looking to replace my $60 Rockford Component speakers. I have been eyeing the Morel Maximo 6 set on Crutchfield, Focal Integration ISS 165 and Sundown Audio SD-6.5 CS. I think i should run Active even though my Tweeter and Mids are the same distance to the headrest. Looking for suggestions on a great pair of components in this price range. Also do you think i should stay active? Running Pioneer AVH-2330NEX HU, ONX4.80 Amp and Doors have been treated. Thanks

I went ahead and got the Morel Maximo 6 and Stinger Fast rings

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got then in. Will tune tomorrow. 100x better than nlmy cheap rockford component R165-S.  The mid bass is very impressive.  I had a hiss in my tweeters and with the new set I have a hiss also. Changes with the gain adjustment.  I have a agm battery in the back where both my amps are grounded, so I may try grounding my 4 channel to a different spot

Just got then in. Will tune tomorrow. 100x better than nlmy cheap rockford component R165-S.  The mid bass is very impressive.  I had a hiss in my tweeters and with the new set I have a hiss also. Changes with the gain adjustment.  I have a agm battery in the back where both my amps are grounded, so I may try grounding my 4 channel to a different spot
I told you it wasnt the speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.