6.5" Component Upgrade Choices, favoring SQ

Participant count
  • Participant list

jsnichols2

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,

So I'm looking to upgrade my JBL GTO 6.5 components and I think I have narrowed the choices down to these three based on price (around $300 or less) and written reviews:

-Hertz Cento Pro

-Hertz Energy

-Morel Maximo

I listen to a little bit of everything, with an emphasis on rock/pop. I generally prefer a smooth fabric-type tweeter sound and midrange that's accurate and not "in your face" (like these JBLs LOL). They would be getting 125 RMS per side from a Polk Audio amp and the tweeter would be mounted above the midbass in the door position for now. All advice/experiences welcome! Thanks

Audiofrog G series will most likely put out all those to shame.
Also, looking at the Audiofrog GS they have separate passive x-overs for low and high. When using a 2-channel amp do you just hook L tweeter and woofer + and - to your L channel and R tweeter and woofer + and - to your R channel? Like parallel?

For me i am running a pair of top of line Pioneer TS-Z65CH 6.5 component speaker. They were made for Certified High Definition Audio. You did say you were looking for SQ sound right. I think and what i see is that Car Audio is moving to be able to reproduce more of that High Def audio. More Head Units are now able to play high def FLAC and Wave files. The TS-Z65CH sound clear and nice to me. I am running them with a High Def Pioneer HU with 2 High Def certified Kemwood XR401-4 amps

There $299 all over. or Crutchfield open box or scrach & dent for $265 great price for High Def component speakers.

just my 2 cents

For me i am running a pair of top of line Pioneer TS-Z65CH 6.5 component speaker. They were made for Certified High Definition Audio. You did say you were looking for SQ sound right. I think and what i see is that Car Audio is moving to be able to reproduce more of that High Def audio. More Head Units are now able to play high def FLAC and Wave files. The TS-Z65CH sound clear and nice to me. I am running them with a High Def Pioneer HU with 2 High Def certified Kemwood XR401-4 amps

There $299 all over. or Crutchfield open box or scrach & dent for $265 great price for High Def component speakers.

just my 2 cents
Yes, I've seen the Pioneer set and thought they looked like very high quality speakers. I might have to keep them in mind... thanks for the heads up!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.