'80 VW Caddy (Rabbit truck) system, E30 dash, suspension...

Next up is installing my iPad. First the iPad and dash were tapped off and layered up with fiberglass mat, trimmed to size then the two were attached together using Marglass. A bracket with two 1/4"-20 bolts was glassed to the back of the iPad mount.

Incredible build. How are you sealed the pods to the enclosure within the a-pillar/fender?
I used a strip of rubber/foam that is used for home door jams. Hopefully it will seal along with the 7 bolts with fender washers that are being used to secure the pod to the body/A-piller.

I used a strip of rubber/foam that is used for home door jams. Hopefully it will seal along with the 7 bolts with fender washers that are being used to secure the pod to the body/A-piller.
Completely missed the bolts in post 10. Is that why the pod looks soo thick is because of the rubber/foam?

Completely missed the bolts in post 10. Is that why the pod looks soo thick is because of the rubber/foam?
That's all glass on the pod, overkill !

The iPad will be removable, self docking to a Schosche left/right/video out+charging cable.

great, thats what im going to do. as im making a custom center console full length. and i was going to put my tab 2 10.1 tablet into it but decided to get a ipad.

and im going to make mine removable .

anyway, love the truck or car... lol and good work..

Full dash/midbass pods-

I decided on Illusion Audio Carbon C6's for my components.

10's have been changed to 12's. Going with JL12w3v3's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.