Almost gave up on my type x 12s/will never go taramps again

Participant count
  • Participants list
So guys I'm in the process of a small build currently have everything except for proper electrical and speakers with a nice 4 channel amp. I'm currently running 2 alpine type x 12s with the orion xtr 2500.1 dz model, all 0 gauge ofc wire, stock battery in the front, stinger spv70 in the back with a battery isolator, sony xav ax100 with the pac ld-10 I highly recommend this if your radio puts out shitty preout voltage and that's about it for now. I plan on running a high output alternator soon with the big three. I absolutely love this setup "now" and wonder why I said now? Well previously I ran a taramps hd3000 and I do not recommend this amp if your going to get an amp go big or don't buy one at all i honestly believe there is a reason that amp costs 180 bucks new. One day I decided to take my rear battery out for the a few hours to put in my truck I was using my truck for soemthing at the time now before I took the battery out the amp was working fine and I had no issues it wasn't until I put the battery back in that I started having issues now I ran a 300 amp fuse from the front to rear battery and a 300 amp fuse from the rear battery to the amp when I hooked the amp back up my taramps when into protect mode and kept flashing so at the time I did not know what to do so I disconnected everything and left it like that until the morning. I came back in the morning to try it again and see if maybe it was something else I hooked the amp back up this time I had absolutely nothing, no protect light no nothing so I said screw the amp I'm buying the orion xtr 2500. I'm telling you people that orion xtr 2500 is a highly underrated amp, it is a beast of a amp and I can promise you that it will take a poop on the taramps amp. It takes good electrical for this amp but so did the taramps actually its about the same. Now I can also say for a fact that the orion amp sounds better to me personally it does better on all the notes and it is actually louder to me than the taramps in a way also the orion has better options such as ssf, etc. And a bass remote. I decided to never trust taramps again I'm sure people have had no problems with these amps but I've heard alot of people that have the same exact problem I had. Personally if it was me I would buy a Korean amp if I had the money but when money is tight I'm sure you want to get your system going with what you have, but I recommend being patient and don't cheap out im no pro but I atleast understand this. I have a few pics of the box and I will be posting a video tonight and will be up in the morning. Thanks for your time and I hope you have an awesome day. BTW I think this setup is pretty loud for just 2 12s on less than 2500 watts. 

20190504_171243.jpg

20190329_121351.jpg

20190403_110951.jpg

Those Type X's actually do pretty well don't they Op?

Glad it finally worked out,  in no time I bet you'll get used to it and want more... 🤣

Pair of 15's on 5K?.. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.