Best for the buck 6x9 replacements for 2019 f250

Participant count
  • Participants list

MrOneEyedBoh
10+ year member

Md,USA
Just curious on what your guys opinions are on replacement speakers for a new f250 that has 6x9s. I dont plan on adding any amps, swapping the headunit etc. Just looking to possibly add some deadening/foam and new speakers.

your idea = degraded sound quality. Anything aftermarket requires power to reach proper potential and a clean flat signal from the head unit.  Stock head units have their own EQ curves that specifically work for stock speakers. Stock head units at best output 3-5 watts per channel, You'll notice a bigger upgrade from swapping the head unit or adding an amp or DSP/AMP combo rather than switching speakers actually switching speakers out alone has a higher probability of sounding worse than stock losing all bass and sounding tinny if you dont do full acoustical door treatments or add power/processing.

You'll notice a bigger upgrade from swapping the head unit or adding an amp or DSP/AMP combo rather than switching speakers
This was certainly true for me.  I have a 2013 Grand Caravan with the stock 6-speaker setup and a couple of years ago I got a good deal on a Pioneer head unit and boy did it make a difference.  Between the upgrade to 22 watts rms per channel of power compared to the stock radio, and the 13 band eq, the cheap ass stock speakers sound really good now.  People have got into my van and asked me when I put in a system and when I tell them everything is stock except the radio they can't believe it.  I'm getting ready to upgrade everything else now, but with the exception of it lacking a little on the low end punch, the setup sounds really good just from a HU upgrade.

This was certainly true for me.  I have a 2013 Grand Caravan with the stock 6-speaker setup and a couple of years ago I got a good deal on a Pioneer head unit and boy did it make a difference.  Between the upgrade to 22 watts rms per channel of power compared to the stock radio, and the 13 band eq, the cheap ass stock speakers sound really good now.  People have got into my van and asked me when I put in a system and when I tell them everything is stock except the radio they can't believe it.  I'm getting ready to upgrade everything else now, but with the exception of it lacking a little on the low end punch, the setup sounds really good just from a HU upgrade.
yeah most people dont know the sh*tty stock sound is from a cheap mass produced stock head unit with weak amplification and the most important, cheapo china/mexico low resolution dacs that just makes your music garbage from the start. No amount of gear can fix a a stock head unit's sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.