Can you recommend a sub similar in sound quality/signature to 13W7 but under $1000?

Participant count
  • Participants list

dennismv

Michigan
I have been looking to upgrade my sub to something that will sound a little better than the HO112-W6v3 I currently have.

Someone mentioned that 13W7 will sound better. 13W7's pricing is over $1000. I wanted to ask before I start looking at the ways to buy 13W7 used/etc.

My goal is to have sub-bass and just good hefty bass all around...

I fed the jl marketing machine new retail for 2 12w7’s and they were good but I don’t think they were amazing. Save your dough and allocate the money to an enclosure that is built best to your subs specs, output goals and your vehicle dynamics. Sq isn’t just characteristic of the gear you buy.

Mine laughed at 500 each and wanted more at 750 each.

W7’s outprice the most expensive way higher power handling subs by double.

Don’t buy subs on price!

FWIW, I’m satisfied with my made in China xfl’s and I’ll probably do an xr or xfl I’m a tline for my new car. Not only were they cheap but there was a ton of feedback that they are budget performers. If I could spend $500 per sub it would definitely be to support merica and get some made in US subs.

Higher price often means higher something...higher quality, higher power handling, and also higher marketing return required.

Your initial ask was something a little bit better. This could be achieved at a lower cost than replacement. Better sound treatment in your enclosure environment, a bit more power, etc are ways that quickly come to mind. In fact the next size up in a Comparable power handling woofer like a 13w6 would give you more output too but at the cost of additional space and a big woofer price tag.

So if you want more bass and depending on the amp power you have to power it, get a higher power handling sub. You can likely do a higher power handling sub, sub specific enclosure, and a bigger budget amp for less than that $1k and get more than “a little better”

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.