Car alarms, keyless entry, door lock actuators help!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi all, I have a bone stock 06 dakota quadcab and bought 4 door lock actuators to go in my truck that recently have manual windows.and door locks. Its getting old so i bought an Omega Excalibur al-560 alarm and the actuators and micro door lock relay modules. So I figured I could do it easily but I'm having a hell of a time is there any buddy that knows any links that can put all three of these together and tell me how to wire it because I can find one or the other or the other but not all three together and that's what I need be great if somebody could find me a link or tell me which way to head. And don't tell me to take it to a professional and have it done what would you say if somebody told you that?

Hi all, I have a bone stock 06 dakota quadcab and bought 4 door lock actuators to go in my truck that recently have manual windows.and door locks. Its getting old so i bought an Omega Excalibur al-560 alarm and the actuators and micro door lock relay modules. So I figured I could do it easily but I'm having a hell of a time is there any buddy that knows any links that can put all three of these together and tell me how to wire it because I can find one or the other or the other but not all three together and that's what I need be great if somebody could find me a link or tell me which way to head. And don't tell me to take it to a professional and have it done what would you say if somebody told you that?
Check out bulldogsecurity.com you can get wiring diagrams for your vehicle..a car alarm isn’t much more difficult than installing a basic car stereo as long as you have the proper wiring colors ..that site can help

And don't tell me to take it to a professional and have it done what would you say if somebody told you that?

If you cannot read the instructions and understand how to install these accessories going to a professional is probably your best bet. All those things are tedious and you have potential to really hurt things in your truck if you screw up. Don't be surprised if nobody here wants to start giving you advice because nobody really wants to be the bad guy if something goes wrong.

IF you do opt to give it a whirl give yourself a couple days to get it done and troubleshoot any bugs that come up and then all put back together. Ideally have another car just in case you need to run out and buy something you didn't think of. I've done a dozen alarm/remote starts and I wouldn't even consider giving myself only 1 day to complete that job, if you run into trouble you can potentially spend a lot of time trying to figure out a fix.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.