Chronic Car audio stole my money and my sound! please help me?!?!

I went to a Slangin Audio on Broadway to see if they could sell me a face plate to a DEH-5000ub. They guy behind the counter had no idea what I was looking for and so he went into the shop area to get another guy out to talk to me. He reek of weed...this guy was so high he should be walking around with a parachute. Extremely unprofessional...don't do it.

hey, im in phx. my company is called Fenix Audio. Im a mobile service. I also operate where i do most of my sales from. FenixAudio.com. i can get you a pioneer 5100ub, my warehouse has then on close out for 150 if your interested.

I went to a Slangin Audio on Broadway to see if they could sell me a face plate to a DEH-5000ub. They guy behind the counter had no idea what I was looking for and so he went into the shop area to get another guy out to talk to me. He reek of weed...this guy was so high he should be walking around with a parachute. Extremely unprofessional...don't do it.
Lol, Slangin = Chronic. First of all, you should know what you are getting into when you go to a shop like that. There are a lot of back woods ghetto shops in this town, and Slangin is among the worst. I have fixed some cars that came out of there, and its bad, i mean like amps installed with 1 screwn and barely grounded bad. They appeal to the cheapest of the cheap, because they undercut everyone, but you get what you pay for, so i advise anyone to remember that.

I know this is waaaaay after this thread started, but I thought I'd share my experience with Chronic Car Audio on 7th St and Camelback.

I went in for one of their "Bass" packages. It came with an Amp (knock-off brand from California, pretty much junk - overheated quickly) and two very generic 12" Subs. For the price I was not being too picky. The salesman had mentioned that they do not have any boxes at the store for 12" Subs, but that they could take a 10" box and cut it to size. I asked, "Are you sure it will work?" The guy told me yeah. He also mentioned that if I didn't want that, then I could wait a few days till they get another one. I too waited for the sale and the install for hours, then got this bad news at the end. I was already ready getting angry with them and didn't want blow my very short fuse, so I kept it cool and told the guy to go ahead and cut me a box that they had for 10's. I waited about an hour for the guy to cut the holes to the right size, the whole hour was me looking at him cut the box himself, walking to another guy to have him look at it, seeing a look on their face like they needed to make a different cut, then him cutting it more. When all was said and done, I had been there for close to 5 hours. The guy who cut the box and put the subs into the box walked my box to my S-10 Blazer and hooked them up himself. (I Should have known something was up, but I was so tired from waiting that when he put the box in, I just wanted to go home and get some rest. I am disabled and was in a lot of pain and did not bring extra pain medicine that day.

I didn't even turn the system up that loud when I left because I wasn't really in the mood to bump it that day. So, the next day, I got in my Blazer and turned it on. Started bumping, well, tried to bump but it sounded like my speakers were blown. The bass sounded like garbage. I took it back to them when I got a chance, about two days later. Oh yeah, and I purchased their $20 Warranty for my products. When I told the guys there what it sounded like, one of them went outside to look at it. He said, "You must have pushed them too hard and blew them out." I told him how they were used by me and that there was no way that could have happened. After saying that, I looked at the box while staring at it a few seconds and noticed there was a gap under each speaker. The guy over-cut the holes for the speakers. When I mentioned it to the guy, he confirmed it, BUT said, "You should have noticed it before you left and we would've replaced it. Now, all we can do is sell you another box." I was mad, "Why the _____ would I want to buy another box when it was your guys fault for the problem?!" We had words and I left, because I was ready to use my anger in a way that could have got me in trouble. I started spreading the word ALL around my City (Phoenix) and anyone else I could find that was looking for Car Audio, to NEVER go to Chronic Car Audio, unless you want to get poor service, low quality products, and scammers to install your audio equipment. I don't like Audio Express either because they are also scammers, but at that time I even told people, "You're better off going to them!"

End result...the only thing I was happy about is that they wen't out of business! If they are running another business, I believe that they should have their license to sell audio equipment revoked indefinitely! If you have any problems with them, report the to the Better Business Buearu and the Attorney General's Office immediately. The more complaints of fraud and scamming they get for that business, they will get what is coming to them! Also, the number that user posted, "Matt", saying he use to work there, that is also fraudulent and can be reported. Get'em all! Fraud and Scams are not going to be tolerated by me or anyone else I know.

I read one thread on here and it was Good advice, make sure that you go to a place that is "Respectable", has "Good Customer Service", and known "Name Brand Products", "Not Knock-offs." Do your homework before purchasing, don't go in determined to get something right away (I know it's hard when you want something so bad, but as they say, "Good things come to those who wait" be patient. Compare "Quality", over price! Always! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, im in phx. my company is called Fenix Audio. Im a mobile service. I also operate where i do most of my sales from. FenixAudio.com. i can get you a pioneer 5100ub, my warehouse has then on close out for 150 if your interested.
great hu. love mine its a steal at 150

JDawg, if you read my thread correctly, you would understand how I went in the store and bought what I bought. No offense, but, there are a lot of places named after dumb things that actually have good stuff. If you were from Phoenix, you would know that.

Wingsfreek9, thanks for the recommendation! I appreciate that!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...