Design Questions for : 12" ID IDMAX12v4 in Sealed Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participants list

slothin49

CarAudio.com Newbie
Vehicle : 2019 Honda Civic Sedan

Location in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): I'm open to dimensions but want to keep my trunk useable (≤1.25 ft.3)

Subwoofer make and model: 1 x IDXMAX12v4 4ohm

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Sealed

What type of music do you like?: Punk/Hard Rock/Hip-Hop

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: SQL if that's a fair answer

Volume : ?

I'm building my sealed box for my single IDMAX12 in the next couple days and I'm trying to decide on how big to make it. The spec sheet from Image Dynamics has a compact recommendation of .65 ft3, universal/recommended of 1.0 ft3, and an audiophile recommendation of 1.8 ft3. I'm deciding between the compact and universal or a mix between the two. The audiophile is just too big and will take up too much of my trunk. The spec sheet has a graph showing the universal goes about 5-10Hz lower, but but the compact peaks at a slightly higher dB. What are your volume recommendations?

I'm installing in a 2019 Honda Civic sedan along side 2 amped components in the front. I listen to a pretty even mix of punk/hard rock and hip hop. So I'm really hoping to be able to hear and feel the tighter punchy bass as well, not just the low end.

Side note: this is my first box build, so forgive me, but will I need to brace the box internally? If so, any recommendations on easily doing so?

Thanks!

d53db0_0d8807691cec44ad982a248c58b6007a.jpg

1.25 cubic feet, brace and everything. ID subs dont like small sealed boxes from all my experiences with them. Meaning you are just generally less loud overall which negatively affects the punchy bass as well which just needs pure output.

google or youtube up subwoofer box bracing lol 1000s of tutorials everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.