FLAC sounds amazing on pioneer!!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ripkon

CarAudio.com Regular
Virginia
I have been using bluetooth and android auto for 3 months and today I downloaded flac audio. The difference is incredible. I hooked up 1tb external hard drive to my AVH-2330NEX. It's a big smack in the face when you hear the difference. Hopefully this post will get some other users to switch.

oh I hear you, or should i say I hear your High Definition Auto. I changed to a High Def audio system in my car and it does sound good. I think and what i see is that slowly it is increasing. More Head units are coming out with High Def capabilities. More certified high def amps and speakers. It is like going from an quality cassette tape to a CD.

thanks

how exactly would a speaker which is analog be certified as high definition? and 99% of all amps dont have coax or fiber input so how would they?

here is some info

Last edited:
Here is my 2 cents.

I understand both sides of the argument and both side have there points. But if you can have the best sounding music and a system to reproduce it why not. You can't argue the price because it is some what affordable. I remember back in the day cassettes then CD's. I new many that said , oh no i don't like CD's, i will stay with my cassette tapes. Now tapes are no more. Once they heard it and found out that the sound quality stayed the same from the 1st time playing it to the 100th time. No more worn out tapes with low quality sound. And faster searching to the one song you liked and many other things. Some say, oh you can't have HD if you can't hear it. With HD it captures more of the audio signal and sound that is being played. As some i have read say that, you just don't hear it you feel it. Now we have moved into USB ports in car audio. No more CD's with only limited songs on there. I now can have my WD 1TB portable drive with my over 6000 songs on it at my finger tips. Even streaming sound too. I don't know what will be in audio in say 10 years or 20 years. Maybe something better then Hi Def sound.

Now Hi Def and CD's. With Hi Def it will record more of the original music the artist was intending for you to hear. Yes CD's sound good but it still don't capture all the music. Most of you have recently purchased a 4K TV yes. Why did you not just get a standard HD TV ? Same argument. 4k has better picture quality and you see much more of the picture that is showing.

I can remember back in the day in 90's and early 2000's the Bachbusters 100% digital CD that was played at lot of the sound off shows. Many had to visit the car audio shop on Monday for new Sub's. That was 100% recorded and mastered and put on CD in digital format with quality sound.

I understand the limitations of HD sound too. To get full 100% HD it has to be recorded in HD and mastered and saved in HD. And when i last year looked into this HD sound i read someplace that even in mid 2000's some music artist ( that could afford to record in) recorded songs in
Hi Def studio recordings. The problem was that when it was mastered and saved to CD it was not in HD sound. So some of the studios have pulled out the old master tapes and now releasing them in HD. But i also read that in today's time more and more music artists are recording there songs in studio in HD sound. So that is a plus. As you know as more of this gets popular the price always comes down.
I remember it took me a number of years to switch over to CD sound back in the day because it was kind of pricey for a wile. As it got more popular the price went down and i was able to purchas my first home CD player. My first car CD player was the Pioneer that had that separate brain unit that had to us the din plug and mount it under the seat. Late 90's i think. I could only afford it because it was a factory Pioneer refurbished unit i purchased from a on-line high line car audio place. Worked great. But today i have a Hi Def sound system in my vehicle and the price was not so bad. I have most of my songs not in HD but in hi quality wave sound. With the HD system in there, to me it makes the music sound better. I have not but little by little I intend to purchase and start building my Hi Def music colection. I have music editing software on my home computer with a great sound card and stuff. I can remaster and enhance the sound and basiclly remaster music. It has the capability to do Hi Def 24bit and more and all that. So with a HD sound system it is capable of reproducing what i give it at the best quality sound. But if you are one of those people that have a boom box on wheels, you know the ones that drive down the street and all you here is
boom boom boom and no vocals or highs. Hi Def may not be for you.

So if you are like me and like to hear the best quality sound you can get, look into High Def sound. Thanks :)

Here is my 2 cents.

I understand both sides of the argument and both side have there points. But if you can have the best sounding music and a system to reproduce it why not. You can't argue the price because it is some what affordable. I remember back in the day cassettes then CD's. I new many that said , oh no i don't like CD's, i will stay with my cassette tapes. Now tapes are no more. Once they heard it and found out that the sound quality stayed the same from the 1st time playing it to the 100th time. No more worn out tapes with low quality sound. And faster searching to the one song you liked and many other things. Some say, oh you can't have HD if you can't hear it. With HD it captures more of the audio signal and sound that is being played. As some i have read say that, you just don't hear it you feel it. Now we have moved into USB ports in car audio. No more CD's with only limited songs on there. I now can have my WD 1TB portable drive with my over 6000 songs on it at my finger tips. Even streaming sound too. I don't know what will be in audio in say 10 years or 20 years. Maybe something better then Hi Def sound.

Now Hi Def and CD's. With Hi Def it will record more of the original music the artist was intending for you to hear. Yes CD's sound good but it still don't capture all the music. Most of you have recently purchased a 4K TV yes. Why did you not just get a standard HD TV ? Same argument. 4k has better picture quality and you see much more of the picture that is showing.

I can remember back in the day in 90's and early 2000's the Bachbusters 100% digital CD that was played at lot of the sound off shows. Many had to visit the car audio shop on Monday for new Sub's. That was 100% recorded and mastered and put on CD in digital format with quality sound.

I understand the limitations of HD sound too. To get full 100% HD it has to be recorded in HD and mastered and saved in HD. And when i last year looked into this HD sound i read someplace that even in mid 2000's some music artist ( that could afford to record in) recorded songs in
Hi Def studio recordings. The problem was that when it was mastered and saved to CD it was not in HD sound. So some of the studios have pulled out the old master tapes and now releasing them in HD. But i also read that in today's time more and more music artists are recording there songs in studio in HD sound. So that is a plus. As you know as more of this gets popular the price always comes down.
I remember it took me a number of years to switch over to CD sound back in the day because it was kind of pricey for a wile. As it got more popular the price went down and i was able to purchas my first home CD player. My first car CD player was the Pioneer that had that separate brain unit that had to us the din plug and mount it under the seat. Late 90's i think. I could only afford it because it was a factory Pioneer refurbished unit i purchased from a on-line high line car audio place. Worked great. But today i have a Hi Def sound system in my vehicle and the price was not so bad. I have most of my songs not in HD but in hi quality wave sound. With the HD system in there, to me it makes the music sound better. I have not but little by little I intend to purchase and start building my Hi Def music colection. I have music editing software on my home computer with a great sound card and stuff. I can remaster and enhance the sound and basiclly remaster music. It has the capability to do Hi Def 24bit and more and all that. So with a HD sound system it is capable of reproducing what i give it at the best quality sound. But if you are one of those people that have a boom box on wheels, you know the ones that drive down the street and all you here is
boom boom boom and no vocals or highs. Hi Def may not be for you.

So if you are like me and like to hear the best quality sound you can get, look into High Def sound. Thanks :)
Thanks for sharing your insight. I thought I wanted SPL. Until I got a decent tuned 2-way front stage with good high quality audio. Luckily I can get any .flac file I want free and most older stuff already remastered

Thanks for sharing your insight. I thought I wanted SPL. Until I got a decent tuned 2-way front stage with good high quality audio. Luckily I can get any .flac file I want free and most older stuff already remastered
Your welcome Ripkon. I try to post my experiences about what the topic or post is about. And i hope i can further the conversation on the topic or post. I do not consider myself and expert but i have automotive experience and have been installing my own sound systems for years and have learned from people and forums like this. I was also wowed when i heard High Def for the first time and said i want that in my ride. I am a girl that likes good music and SQ sound and not so much SPL. But i have to say my sound system does get loud too. So i hope all goes well for you and you enjpy your High Def sound system.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.