Engine whine and ground loop fixes... take two

NAIICE. I been having some trouble too. Just moved my grounds and to bare chassis so its not those. I may try and reground my headunit to a bolt I found out today that It is either the rcas or the headunit at this point. As there is no alternator noise until the rcas are connected into my speaker amp. And as for grounding the rcas, i haven't heard of anyone with problems with a clarion headunit, and my last headunit (Sony) Also had the same problem with the whine

Dont know if this is a ground loop or not but... I have a pioneer h/u, 2 punch 800s, and a cap. I recently had to change my fuse and fuse holder under the hood due to it melting together. So I replaced it and now when I turn the system on and off it has a loud popping and i can hear a high pitched noise. Then once I crank the engine it has a very loud engine noise. I have checked all grounds and all are bolted to thick metal. This only happens when i have the rcas from the head unit plugged into the amps. I can take an ipod and plug it into the amp for mids and highs and it works fine. Every thing was working fine untill i changed the Fuse holder......Any help would be great as ive been going around and around with this problem.
The amp has a quiet shutoff function built into the amp. Which means that it holds some energy or something in it so that when it shuts down it doesn't make that pop noise and what i would think is it releasing all the leftover power at once. What you may have done is fried this when you had your meltdown or whatever. As of now, there is no way to fix this. You can A) Get the amp repaired B) Buy a new one or C) Live with it.

i have pioneer 4900. i tried everything. moved rca on opisite side of power wire. moved amp 20 times. moved ground wire to amp to chas under car. tried bolting ground wire to frame and running to headunit.

nothing worked. the sound just drove me crazy. when your idle its at its loudest. i just couldnt take it anymore. i found this site, and i was like ill give it a try. and it works!!! omg thanks so much. i couldnt beleave pioneer havent fixed this. this will be my last pioneer...sad, i really like the radio. wish they would fix it, or do recalls and fix it for free. but thanks so much.

heres what i did, hope it helps someone see.

1zbe23s.jpg

2lwobd4.jpg

Very Informational thread.. I currently just barely installed a 4 channel amp running all 4 doors, and newly Just started having this whine problem.

Today while idle it was blaring, and hitting gas even when in park it gets louder, but turning volume up even when playing nothing doesnt increase it.

I tried turning off my HU and the whine stopped. This makes me think its either the 4 channel amps ground, the HU needs a better whine (but never noticed it before and its the same HU from when I only amped the sub) or its the RCA's bit I got nice ones. Any suggestions? I think i'll try tapping into and adding a better ground for the HU, and rechecking the amps ground

New to the forums and I too am having a buzzing sound after I installed my Alpine amp. I have moved grounds and still no change. I bought a couple ground loop isolators and it did cut the buzzing sound in half but now I lost bass in that channel. I am not running a sub so the outcome of this *****. I have a JVC KW-AVX810 head unit and the new amp is an Alpine MRP-F300 any ideas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Very Informational thread.. I currently just barely installed a 4 channel amp running all 4 doors, and newly Just started having this whine problem.
Today while idle it was blaring, and hitting gas even when in park it gets louder, but turning volume up even when playing nothing doesnt increase it.

I tried turning off my HU and the whine stopped. This makes me think its either the 4 channel amps ground, the HU needs a better whine (but never noticed it before and its the same HU from when I only amped the sub) or its the RCA's bit I got nice ones. Any suggestions? I think i'll try tapping into and adding a better ground for the HU, and rechecking the amps ground
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search2.gif.b407e3685eef133dbce7cac8ad3982c7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

There are actually some very good links out on the net that if you follow step by step you can isolate where the issue is coming from. Otherwise, it can be a rather frustrating trial and error hunt.

dont unplug rcas from amps when they are playing or dont reconnect them when there playing

I let my inside (positive) pin from the rca touch the ground part of the rca input on my eq and now its whining probably blew a ground fuse somewhere

This thread has convinced me pioneer *****... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Agreed, if you notice the first post in this thread is from 2006 and we are a week away from 2010 and they still have the same problem. I wonder why there's 3 threads or more a week about RD having a batch of bad amps but this has been going on for 4 years and noone is biitching about this.

About a year ago, I bought a pioneer h/u and decided to not ground the RCAs, and until a few days ago, everything was fine. somehow, i got some power surge or something that fried my RCA cables. when it first happened, there was no sound so I figured some wire came loose. i get out and check everything and no wires were crossed and everything was still plugged in. i crank up my car again and im getting sound, but theres some incredible noise through the subs and door spkrs. i looked at the ends of the RCAs as the ones going to my sub amp are transparent and they look really ****ed up.

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

i wonder if this RCA grounding trick would have prevented my cables from getting fried. guess once i replace them and do the ground, ill find out. i dont think my h/u is ****ed but i wish it were so i could get a new one from the warranty and sell it. i need something that doesn't have a seizure while trying to play CDs with microscopic scratches.

Last edited by a moderator:
got my new RCAs in today. first i plugged em in without doing the grounding trick. still the same insane noise as with the other RCAs. did the grounding trick and tried it again. ZERO noise! woohoo! maybe my other RCAs werent shot but oh well, ive got better ones in there now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...