Help checking a box design for 2 sundown SA-10

Participant count
  • Participants list

SeanH

Nyc
Hello all. need some help with a box design.

My car was totaled and I want to build a new box to fit in my new van. I haven't build a sub box in about 10 years now, so I'm a little rusty on the math. The box is for 2 sundown SA-10. If I'm using all these online calculators correctly, I'm at about 1.3 Cubic ft per sub tuned to 35ish? Attached is an image with dimensions if someone could just check the math and let me know if this is good to go. And any insight on the design would be awesome, as i haven't messed with this in a long time. I'm off from work tomorrow and want to build this thing.

Sundown 2-10s.jpg

View attachment Sundown 2-10s.skp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. The dsp is an afterthought. I haven't installed anything yet but I put a budget system together. I already...
I have a bunch of amp but the sundown and the skar are two highest wattage ones. what amp would be needed to be enough for that skar 15" i thought...
That is correct. I like these as they are twisted pair and the RCA ends are thick and grip quite nicely...
I would try a pair of Bass Blockers on the rear speakers. I always place them on Coax. speakers generally, Should help quite a bit I like PAC ones...
Big 3 will not help dimming. Big 3 helps get more power to your amp, which is the opposite of what you want to reduce dimming. Either add lifepo4...

About this thread

SeanH

SeanH
Nyc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
SeanH