Help with a box design and cut sheet 8).

Participant count
  • Participants list

Dragonsyph

CarAudio.com Regular
Orderd my NSV4 18” dvc 2ohm,  final load will be 1ohm,  ssf will be at 25hz so a box tunes to 28-29hz would be nice.

I'll be using an Orion hcca 5k v2,  dyno sheet shows 5500 @ 12.6v.

Any other info needed let me know.

Sub is around .27 displacement. 

SUB DEPTH 15 1/4"

SUB MOTOR WIDTH 6 1/2"

The room I have is 48" wide and about 30" deep. 

Sub up port back is what i want. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Download torres box calculator and throw in some numbers to get the ideal airspace. You don't really need a cutsheet, it'll spit out numbers where you need to make cuts. 

Download torres box calculator and throw in some numbers to get the ideal airspace. You don't really need a cutsheet, it'll spit out numbers where you need to make cuts. 
Downloaded it, not sure what info i should put it.  It confuses the hell out of me ROFL, i feel dumb.       Not sure what dimensions i need with port space included to get the volume i want. 

Do i do 7.2 cubs including port area or with out?

Downloaded it, not sure what info i should put it.  It confuses the hell out of me ROFL, i feel dumb.       Not sure what dimensions i need with port space included to get the volume i want. 

Do i do 7.2 cubs including port area or with out?
It should calculate it with/without port area once you put in the port numbers. The only concern is just do some math in your head to determine if the length of the port will fit in the box with 1/2 the ports diameter spacing from any walls. 

There's two numbers it will list, gross and net. You want the net numbers to match your drivers ideal volume. 

Post a screenshot with what you've entered so far if you need help

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.