Home made cooler speaker help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Calebweible

CarAudio.com Newbie
Howdy all just have 2 questions, I built a portable speaker using a cooler, stereo, and door speakers powered by a marine battery, the speakers I used can handle 200 watts but I'm going for cheap so I bought a 20 dollar walmart dual stereo which pushes 30 watts x 4, the sound is actually very decent way clearer and louder than any of the other portable speakers you can buy from the store but I was wondering can I connect both front and rear speaker wires to both speakers to get 60 watts x 2 or would that damage the stereo or worse my speakers? I really dont want to use an amplifier because I would have to make it external to the cooler so it wouldn't overheat inside My other question is I wont be leaving the battery in the cooler all the time, only when I'm using it so is there any way I can hook up a really small battery of some sort just so the stereo will hold its memory for next time? The stereo does turn off with a power button so it wouldn't be drawing hardly any power. All help is appreciated

No you can't bridge the headunit channels. You can run an amp no problem in a cooler.

I built a portable battery powered "boombox" that has a 22AH SLA battery and a Taramps DS280x4 amp powering two horn drivers and 2 6.5" mids. I leave the battery in mine 24/7 and keep a trickle charger hooked up to it when not in use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.