Horizon Audio - Canton, OH

im goin i just dont know how to bass race, fvck i dont even know what numbers i can do
Same, I've never been to a comp or anything (although with horizon's letdowns, I wouldn't doubt if its only like 5-10 people there, and their ''bass race'' doesn't include a mic). Was actually going to make a thread about what to do to prepair for comps. Like should I get the subs loosened/warmed up prior to the actual metering (doubt that though, as it'll heat them up, but Idn), and how it works exactly.

it is a small comp, but its not too bad, cause you can actually see your numbers.and yeah all there metering is legit. by the way, theres actually a mook and a moose lol. moose is the one that takes care of the bass races and mook is the hippie white dude in alliance. as soon as i get the amp i need for my 4 L7 15s, we can all get up and head there. 5 bucks to compete.----Rob
Ah, I was right (about Mook) lol. I knew I wasn't that far off

Nice that everything legit, the few times I talked to jeff, he didn't seem to know what I ment by a TL, and the other guy at alliance (not mook, jeff, or the owner) said they had a 'meter' but it's been in storage for years.

(if there are classes) how are they typically divided up? Or is it just for fun pretty much?

Anyway, I'm heading up friday (tomorrow). Good news, got some really nice tires on my rims, got rims powdercoated, so i don't look like ass with steelies. But, due to certain circumstances, I now have no window tint (**** canfield cops, made me rip it all out)

Edit:

Can i have the car running when I get metered? Amp hates anything below 12.6 usually, and I can't keep it above that off... Have to head over to sams club soon and get a YT, $160 with $40 MIR

Who else is going tomorrow?

I'll be there (purple grand am) and my buddy's going too (white sundance). Hope to get a big turnout

Edit:

Got metered, supprised myself lol. 139.0 in bassrace (average of 30 sec music) and hit 143.9 max (outlaw, but was legal. Opened a window halfway through test tone, and it dropped score so I sealed it back up. Ended up first in class (Other guy d/q'd hitting 140), and on max/outlaw, fuse ended up popping half way through test, so I think I couldve had a bit higher.

Anyway had a great time, won a set of neon's for the car at least :woo:.

Now I REALLY want to get a 18" to throw in here haha (thinking hdc3 in 6cubes, dunno)

yeah, like i say, not too bad of a time and get to check your numbers, but when in the hell did they start givin out neons?? just a single bulb or the whole underkit?

Well, i didn't win the neon's per say. I got a 'free install' for anything in store (which was a $50+ value).

They've had 10sets of purple neon's (just the color for my car too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif) from back when they were in the old store (alliance this is), and haven't sold a single set since the move. Guess they were overstock or something, w/e. Every time I went in, he'd tell me a little lower, finally getting down to $80 (for a $200 set). Ended up talking him into letting me get a set of those instead of the free install (because he know's I don't trust anyone but him there lol, and I do my own installs).

And ya, the whole undercar kit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Got off lucky.

On another note, was really supprised how I did. Some guy in a van with 3 10" boston g2's beat me (145.5 he hit i think), but it being a van for one didn't help, and two, I only got about 5-8 seconds of play in before my fuse popped. Hopefully can break 145, doubtful, but i'd be happy as hell. Some guy in a nicer looking probe (red) said he had four 15" l7's in it but wouldn't let anyone look as he said they wern't running. Moose said he did have them though and hit 155 with 'em. I'll wait to see it to believe it though.

Anyway, I'll be back out next friday (the 15th).

Me (dur), this is my buddy with the white sundance btw ^^

Ahh, and we were in there yesterday, talking about FI, AQ, RE, and I brought up DD (someone said they wanted a loud civic), and they said DD was **** and blow too easily, and that they'd know because they have carried them before...

They also said that they had a 15" 99z on display before too though.. so Idn

Hey I have always wondered... Anyone in Canton know an installer named "Butch" not sure last name. He did my install on my 1994 Grand Am GT red, back in the day. It was brand new, and they had the car for over 3 months I think. It had a 3 way component set, 2 6.5 in the back (all MB QUART), and it had a iso bandpass box with clear plexy subs facing eachother ported into the rear deck. There were 4 JL subs and it was all run by a sick PPI Pro Mos 450 White Art Series.
If anyone knows him speak up! He was a cool ass guy over at Belden Audio back in the day... There were others there that were cool too Paul something and another guy who was also super cool.
Butch doesn't sound too familiar, but I definitely remember Paul!! They were pretty cool there. Much better than down the road...I can't remember the name of the place. My buddy got his whole system installed back in the day at Belden. He had a white Monte Carlo with American Racing rims. I believe he also had the PPI Promos (425 though) Art Series pushing the whole system with Kicker C12's and Polk(I think) components in the front and back. I live in Columbus now, but definitely have some experience with car audio in that part of Ohio.

Comp this friday, cancled last friday, so now its every other friday off of this one (while the weathers good).

Hope to see some of you guys there!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...