Impala has the worst luck...

Participant count
  • Participants list
I've got a friend who's system(which i installed) is having what I believe is a protect mode issue....I'm not new to installing this stuff, and be probably put in 8 full systems and not had a single problem outof any of them, but this is probably the 4th sub I've put in his 08 impala that's had issues...it's Kenwood x500-1 amp (500 on 2 ohms/300 on 4) and he's got two pioneer champions which are 300rms 4 ohm per. This setup worked fine for two months, now Everytime he turns his car on, works for about 5 min, shuts off. Turns off car, sits for 5 back on, same thing, got them wired in inline so the amp should be reading the 2 ohms and giving me the 500rms. The ground is good, and has been sanded down to metal, it's tight..all connections are good...not sure where to turn next

I've got a friend who's system(which i installed) is having what I believe is a protect mode issue....I'm not new to installing this stuff, and be probably put in 8 full systems and not had a single problem outof any of them, but this is probably the 4th sub I've put in his 08 impala that's had issues...it's Kenwood x500-1 amp (500 on 2 ohms/300 on 4) and he's got two pioneer champions which are 300rms 4 ohm per. This setup worked fine for two months, now Everytime he turns his car on, works for about 5 min, shuts off. Turns off car, sits for 5 back on, same thing, got them wired in inline so the amp should be reading the 2 ohms and giving me the 500rms. The ground is good, and has been sanded down to metal, it's tight..all connections are good...not sure where to turn next
"Should be". You should measure and know for sure. If one voice coil is shorted. It could very well be shorting the amp and making it go into protect.

Are you sure gains are set correctly? Did he turn up a bass setting on his head unit and start clipping it?

Its also a cheap amp and could just be faulty.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.