JLJunkie's Retarded Budget Build

Jeez, I was eating breakfast this morning and bit down on a chunk of bone that apparently got ground into a sausage patty. Cracked a molar and had to go to the dentist. Ended up getting a crown put on because the sh!tty Army dentist that last worked on my teeth totally fVcked this tooth up. Anyhow, back at home and continuing the build. I thought having the week off work would give me ample time to get this ***** knocked out but I've only had one full day of working on the system so far.

On a positive note, I scored a 300A alternator off ebay yesterday using the 20% off code. So here is an idea that I've been tossing around. I found a dual alt bracket for my truck/engine. I am planning to run a separate charging system that is dedicated solely to my sound system. That way, I can get a voltage regulator and crank this up to 15v-16v whenever I need to. It'll be a while before I get to work on that, but the gears are turning on what I need to do so I can slap more amps in this truck and not worry about powering them.

I should have this box done in about 3 hours, then I have to install my amp wires and do the big 3. Should be able to test it out tonight or tomorrow morning. D@mn, I am getting anxious because it's so close.

The box is done, took longer than expected so I can't test it tonight, still have to run all the wires in my truck. Anyways, here it is. The subs will be inverse mounted

20180607_185601_zpsrekruj19.jpg

20180607_183834_zpskojvwbxt.jpg

20180607_183845_zpscqt62qhf.jpg

It's done and installed. Holy hell, this thing is loud for what it is. Haven't even cranked it all the way up and my wipers were slapping. I forgot to order decent speaker wire so it's on some pretty crappy stuff right now. Anyways, here are a couple of vids. I'll post a more detailed "review" later

It's done and installed. Holy hell, this thing is loud for what it is. Haven't even cranked it all the way up and my wipers were slapping. I forgot to order decent speaker wire so it's on some pretty crappy stuff right now. Anyways, here are a couple of vids. I'll post a more detailed "review" later

This thing is about spot on to where buck tuned it. To the ear, it seems to really resonate at around 35hz. Still cannot believe these are $13 subs, absolute beast at this price. I rode around for about 20 min with it blasting and no issues so far

20180608_194623_zpsqlspxzxb.jpg

20180608_194640_zpslu92fe4m.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.