Liquid sound deadener in quarts

Participant count
  • Participants list

natman

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've used GT Mat liquid sound deadener from GT Sound Control for years. I'll need some more soon, but they seem to have gone out of business. I don't need much, a gallon would be way too much.  Does anyone sell a similar product in quarts?

What is your goal? Are you trying to block/absorb noise, such an engine or road noise? Or are you mass loading panels to lower their resonant frequency?
I've used GT Mat for both, but I've done my car and these days I mostly use it to line metal speaker cabinets. Which is why I only need a quart.

Ah, metal speaker enclosures, so mostly mass loading. I use to use my own recipe of dry cement floor patch mixed with kool-seal to mass load car doors. Its not sprayable of course, but you can trowel it on easily, and it sticks very well to metal. 

Ah, metal speaker enclosures, so mostly mass loading. I use to use my own recipe of dry cement floor patch mixed with kool-seal to mass load car doors. Its not sprayable of course, but you can trowel it on easily, and it sticks very well to metal. 
That would be great if I worked in construction and had easy access to the materials. As it is, I'd have to buy a gallon of floor patch and a gallon of kool seal. Then I'd have TWO gallons to store and it would cost more than a gallon of commercial sound deadener. 

That would be great if I worked in construction and had easy access to the materials. As it is, I'd have to buy a gallon of floor patch and a gallon of kool seal. Then I'd have TWO gallons to store and it would cost more than a gallon of commercial sound deadener. 
IDK about the kool seal, I use to buy it by the gallon. But the floor patch can be purchased in small sizes. Just an idea. :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.