Looking for an Experienced Box Builder

chefben2

Hello,

I am looking for an experienced box builder. Not just someone who knows how to cut and assemble MDF, but someone who understands the intricacies of airspace, how to calculate airspace, woofer displacement, port displacement, the importance of internal bracing, etc. I would also prefer to have someone who uses some sort of box building software to ensure that the box would be optimized for my specific woofer and vehicle. I may end up using a woofer that does not list recommended airspace, so only the Thiele/Small parameters would be available.

I would like to have a bandpass box built and I know that this is beyond my skill level as even the slightest miscalculation or mistake can ruin the box. I know that a good bandpass box will be expensive and will take time. I am willing to wait, and willing to pay.

I don't really care if this is in a shop or out of someone's garage as long as it gets done right. If anyone has any recommendations or ideas I would very much appreciate it. Or if my only option is to go out of state, I would be willing to do that as well. Having this box perfect means that much to me.

Thank You,

Ben

Thanks for the responses.

Are any of the members you guys have mentioned located in Colorado? I would want to have the box built and the woofer installed by the same person to minimize the chance of me screwing something up. It would also be nice to have the builder there when I hook it up to help with correct placement in the vehicle. I have some vacation time and have been craving a road trip so it wouldn't be too big of a deal to drive out somewhere to get this done.

If that can't happen, should I trust shipping the woofer out to someone to build the box and having them ship the finished product back to me?

Thanks Again,

Ben

Thanks for the responses.Are any of the members you guys have mentioned located in Colorado? I would want to have the box built and the woofer installed by the same person to minimize the chance of me screwing something up. It would also be nice to have the builder there when I hook it up to help with correct placement in the vehicle. I have some vacation time and have been craving a road trip so it wouldn't be too big of a deal to drive out somewhere to get this done.

If that can't happen, should I trust shipping the woofer out to someone to build the box and having them ship the finished product back to me?

Thanks Again,

Ben
thats gunna get expensive as hell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...