Northeast Region looking to get into SPL comp but can't find info

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV

mikebik

albany
I'm looking to do some comp and wanted to know where i would stand as far as everyone else.... i can't find info anywhere

my set-up is this(NO BIG 3)

amp: pioneer GM-D8601 also have a gm-9601 sitting around and Kenwood KAC-1502S for speakers

Subs: 2 DD audio 510b i think it's at 1 ohm. in ported... tuned to 40hz amp min i also have a type r 10d4 just sitting around in a ported box and some kind of sony explodes in a bypass huge *** box...

Head- kenwood KDC-X997- looking to get a app radio 3 soon

looking to see what i should improve other then get the big 3 done... i do have a second battery with a iso if i want to put it in.

funny thing is i was looking at getting the avh x5500 also lol... i also use stinger wires. thanks for the input. i don't see why i would not do well i have a amp that does the same as guys pushing 150db+ i may also get a pwk design...

Dude your amp doesnt do the same as what most 150db guys run. Most guys hitting 150db or higher have 2500+ watts, a custom box, alot bigger subs, and alot more electrical.

Now this is for a termlab reading, audio control and ac meters arent accurate at all and read high.

You system is prolly breaking 130db right now if youre lucky.

funny thing is i was looking at getting the avh x5500 also lol... i also use stinger wires. thanks for the input. i don't see why i would not do well i have a amp that does the same as guys pushing 150db+ i may also get a pwk design...
800 watts rms at 150+ db must be some magical 100% efficient amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/awesome.gif.4430a219d9aaaa6cadc75e9290979dfb.gif

Go to a TNESPL show, get metered at the dash, report back. Run just the DD subs, and whatever amp you don't blow up by the time the show is... over/under of 137?? I'll go under.

[quote name='mikebik']funny thing is i was looking at getting the avh x5500 also lol... i also use stinger wires. thanks for the input. i don't see why i would not do well i have a amp that does the same as guys pushing 150db+ i may also get a pwk design...[/QUOTE]

theres more to it then just that or the big 3. Your "enclosure" makes you system. Im not going to make suggestions due to your reply your reply to @mylows10;. getting in to comps is easy, HOWEVER becoming competitive is not. No im not bashing your setup, i just know from EXP, because ive been there and done it(as in thought my system would be competitive but i was terribly wrong)....

LOL. You'd need to be driving an armored car to get a 150 out of the equipment you listed.

AFAIK Team Northeast SPL still does shows in upstate NY.

I'd guess you're a long way off from 140 and you'd better have some money if you want to be competitive even in that org.

Go to a TNESPL show, get metered at the dash, report back. Run just the DD subs, and whatever amp you don't blow up by the time the show is... over/under of 137?? I'll go under.
im gonna say 134 if OP is lucky and lightning hit his amp right as he burped it. im not being mean either, im just being blunt

800 watts rms at 150+ db must be some magical 100% efficient amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/awesome.gif.4430a219d9aaaa6cadc75e9290979dfb.gif
Bearing in mind the world record holders who put up 180+ can probably do a 155 on head unit power.

lol i'm going to be putting both amps in when i do the big 3 done and i'm also going to be getting more sub's so it's more than 800 watts rms

lol i'm going to be putting both amps in when i do the big 3 done and i'm also going to be getting more sub's so it's more than 800 watts rms
Please, for the love of God, DO NOT purchase any new equipment until you have gone to a show, got metered and actually seen what loud is and what it takes to get there, then you can decide if you're willing to invest the money and effort to compete seriously or if you just want to show up and hang out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.