My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

Well I worked out how I am going to get my HiRes audio into my 3Sixty.3. I was going to buy a portable Bluetooth audio player but they are expensive when trying to find one that can stream HD Audio over Bluetooth.... As it turns out, I already own one. My LG G5 is Apt-X HD enabled already sooooooo I have the Audio Player. All I need to buy is the receiver to hook into the 3Sixty.3, which I found and it is USB powered and the signal will enter the 3Sixty.3 via the optical tosslink input. Can you say "Bypass the factory stereo all together!!!"

Research, research, research. From my readings the LDAC from Sony is the King of the Hill as far as streaming Bluetooth audio quality. It is followed by the aptX HD codec. Luckily my phone has all the good stuff. From further reading I found out that Sony was/is working closely with Android and it has been said that the majority of new to newer cell phones will have LDAC natively with newer versions of Android. I was only able to access my aptX HD and LDAC settings under {Developer Options} in the phone. What this means is if your Head Unit or DSP is capable of receiving aptX HD or LDAC Bluetooth streaming you may want to enable it in your phones if you haven't already. Or get a Bluetooth dongle/adapter that is capable of receiving the signals.

Screenshot_2018-12-27-14-10-13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Research, research, research. From my readings the LDAC from Sony is the King of the Hill as far as streaming Bluetooth audio quality. It is followed by the aptX HD codec. Luckily my phone has all the good stuff. From further reading I found out that Sony was/is working closely with Android and it has been said that the majority of new to newer cell phones will have LDAC natively with newer versions of Android. I was only able to access my aptX HD and LDAC settings under {Developer Options} in the phone. What this means is if your Head Unit or DSP is capable of receiving aptX HD or LDAC Bluetooth streaming you may want to enable it in your phones if you haven't already. Or get a Bluetooth dongle/adapter that is capable of receiving the signals.
I haven't really been watching this closely but this very much intrigues me as I only use bluetooth and I think the SQ is pretty good but now that those higher quality units are available, do you have any information on which specific headunits have this capability now?

Also, supposedly LDAC is not the better option and you were misinformed 

https://www.soundguys.com/ldac-ultimate-bluetooth-guide-20026/

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't really been watching this closely but this very much intrigues me as I only use bluetooth and I think the SQ is pretty good but now that those higher quality units are available, do you have any information on which specific headunits have this capability now?

Also, supposedly LDAC is not the better option and you were misinformed 

https://www.soundguys.com/ldac-ultimate-bluetooth-guide-20026/
Interesting read.

Receivers with aptX and the one Sony head unit that supports LDAC here.

12+ hours... that is how long it took me to figure out why my LG G5 wasn't transmitting full bandwidth audio over Bluetooth. It was actually. When I bought my eXcelon head unit I originally had the mic hooked up so I could make Bluetooth calls and whatnot. I didn't want the bass coming through 2 12's on 1000w's so I set the audio to only come through the front speakers via Bluetooth. 12+ damn hours. **** sounds great now lol. By the way, Onkyo makes a really cool app for Android to play HiRes music files.

Well, My tweeters are on the way. I went with the Alpine Tweeters. I think the price is fantastic considering how much the Alpine component set cost for the SPX-17Pro... $1050 suggested from Alpine. But you all knew that.

My-Tweeters.jpg

SilverFlute 6.5" speakers are on their way!!!

Now I have the 3-way front stage taken care of. Time to source two more amplifiers. Mike and Lisa.

I am also going to get a sheet of Birch to make an amp rack out of and either some black perforated vinyl or actual perforated leather to cover it in to match the look of the seats.

I still have one more speaker to purchase. The Dayton Ultimax 10.

Well, this is the door set-up. Silverflute, Digital Designs, Alpine.

I am going to run the US Acoustics Barbara Ann 100 x 4 on the DD's and Alpines @ 4oms per channel

A US Acoustics Lisa will be bridged on the Silverflutes 170 x 2 @ 4ohms per channels

A US Acoustics Mike will run the Dayton Ultimax 10 1500 x 1 @ 1ohm

If this doesn't give me headroom for days I am gonna **** myself.

speakers-2.jpg

Well, this is the door set-up. Silverflute, Digital Designs, Alpine.

I am going to run the US Acoustics Barbara Ann 100 x 4 on the DD's and Alpines @ 4oms per channel

A US Acoustics Lisa will be bridged on the Silverflutes 170 x 2 @ 4ohms per channels

A US Acoustics Mike will run the Dayton Ultimax 10 1500 x 1 @ 1ohm

If this doesn't give me headroom for days I am gonna **** myself.

View attachment 3903
Looking good my man.. you finally heading the right direction.. slowly but surely.. Great choices in equipment btw. Everything looks solid. Wait till you start tuning this beast. You're gonna sh1t yourself for real lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...