My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
All I did was put 10psi in the tire... came out to a flat that I didn't notice till I started driving. When I turned around to park it back at home, the tire came off the bead.

20190630_163053_HDR.jpg

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Fixed. It was the tiny O ring that comes pre-installed in the valve caps. It bunched up and was pushing on the valve stem and it let all the air out.

20190701_141230_HDR.jpg

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I decided to mess with my doors to get familiar with how to remove the panels, the connections and the speaker mounting option. I figured since I was in there, I would move my Kenwood eXcelon component set over from the Jeep just to see how the factory speaker pods react. The eXcelon woofers were too small. I figured, what the hell, let's put the SilverFlutes in. I had to massage them in but they are mounted tight to the pods with gasket foam. I did put the Stinger Fast Ring plugs behind the woofers. No window interference. The eXcelon tweeters fit great after minor trimming of the factory tweeter hole. Lastly, I tested the polarity of the woofers and tweeters with my polarity checker. Green Green Green Red. All is powered by the factory Monsoon amp. Sounds better than stock and holy cow did the tweeters wake up!!

Attachments

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Interesting how GM did their Premium Monsoon sound systems. Clearly the amp is crossing over all the speakers. Tweeters are getting highs, those big old mids I just put in are band passed at minimum - no bass below 80hz I am guessing, the rear speakers are handling all the bass through the 6x9 woofer and the mids and highs are routed to the mid/tweeters on the 6x9. The 6x9's are aftermarket but I have them wired exactly as the factory two way 6x9's were.. bi-amped. So they expect ALL the bass to come from the 6x9's... that sucks because these SilverFlutes are killing the upper mid-bass and I know they will go lower than 50hz.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Got bored so I did some prep on the battery side of things. Thanks to another member, I was able to acquire a BIG 3 kit used some time ago. All 0 awg, All Kolossus Fleks OFC cables. I busted out my old Sky High Terminal and proceeded to make new connections. Alt to Batt +, Batt - to Intake Manifold Ground Bolt. Will add a chassis ground tomorrow. I also remade the factory connections so I could retain them.

Attachments