Need to choose amp

Participant count
  • Participants list

Lukas Juozaitis

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone,

I have ground zero gziw 12spl subwoofer that is rated 1000w rms and i have audison lrx 1.400 amplifier. And i noticed that this amp is not enought For Me and it gets how after playing For longer Time so i decided to look For new amplifier. I found out about skar rp2000.1 amplifier that is not too expensive and i would love to hear opinions about this amplifier, does it play lows well or not low enought ( i seen video on YT when guy complained about that) so that's why im curious about skar amp and its performance  or maybe someone could suggest similar 1500-2000w amp ( just in case i decide to upgrade subwoofer i want little stronger amp) in simillar price range 

I need to find an amp that is a true 1500-1800 watts at 1 ohm. Any suggestions? I don’t want to spend a bunch of money though.
I'm curious... explain your setup in detail please... ported?.. ft3 and more...
Sealed?.. oh boy
You want to put the power to that sub?
List electrical please

I'm curious... explain your setup in detail please... ported?.. ft3 and more...
Sealed?.. oh boy
You want to put the power to that sub?
List electrical please
3.25 ft3 slot ported single cab Chevy 1/0guage power ground big three 2 260 amp alternators . The sub is 1500 rms. I’m not sure what you meant by putting that power to that sub? The newest model is rated for 1500 watts rms and I did the rms multiplied by 1.20% so I know what the highest possible wattage amp I could use. All I need is somebody to advise what brand are true rms at 1 ohm at 14.47 volts........

3.25 ft3 slot ported single cab Chevy 1/0guage power ground big three 2 260 amp alternators . The sub is 1500 rms. I’m not sure what you meant by putting that power to that sub? The newest model is rated for 1500 watts rms and I did the rms multiplied by 1.20% so I know what the highest possible wattage amp I could use. All I need is somebody to advise what brand are true rms at 1 ohm at 14.47 volts........
I also have 2 xspower1400 batteries.

Sounds like you pretty much have your electrical done.
A 900 watt amp to 2k should gain some yes but have you made sure the enclosure will accommodate the added power?.. single cab?.. is the enclosure configured well for your cabin?
3.25ft3 is a pretty big enclosure, I'm not all that familiar with that sub so if you think it's gonna be fine... ok
I've always watched volumes, configuration and compression when going with more power. I kinda get stoopid on the power level if left to play. Seeing how you're working with a 1500 watt sub and have decent electrical... if it was me I'd look for a quality 2.5-3k amp.
Skar rp 2000 will make power... yes.
But having seen a rather high failure rate and tendencies to run hot... after owning a quality amp you might be disappointed. Some have good luck with them, others not so much... 6:5 and pick em. Why cheap out after all that electrical and owning your previous amp?
Your looking for something that will deliver into 1ohm?.. lots of options and if I was in your situation I'd probably not go for something too cheap.
Just my .02

Sounds like you pretty much have your electrical done.
A 900 watt amp to 2k should gain some yes but have you made sure the enclosure will accommodate the added power?.. single cab?.. is the enclosure configured well for your cabin?
3.25ft3 is a pretty big enclosure, I'm not all that familiar with that sub so if you think it's gonna be fine... ok
I've always watched volumes, configuration and compression when going with more power. I kinda get stoopid on the power level if left to play. Seeing how you're working with a 1500 watt sub and have decent electrical... if it was me I'd look for a quality 2.5-3k amp.
Skar rp 2000 will make power... yes.
But having seen a rather high failure rate and tendencies to run hot... after owning a quality amp you might be disappointed. Some have good luck with them, others not so much... 6:5 and pick em. Why cheap out after all that electrical and owning your previous amp?
Your looking for something that will deliver into 1ohm?.. lots of options and if I was in your situation I'd probably not go for something too cheap.
Just my .02
I still have my audio pipe hooked up to it I’m just not familiar with Oreo pie I’ve heard pros and cons on that brand it sounds OK I mean I’m only pushing 145 dB as it is and to be honest this sub should be at least 150 dB yes the configuration for the enclosure is good with my cab it’s actually custom-made into my truck up goes behind the seats ports forward with comes from between the consoles it though the main part the enclosure sits there towards forward through the truck him 3.25 is the recommended enclosure space from Memphis for this sub. I was looking at the score audio RP 2K and yes this amp is a two on DBC which wire down would be one home so I do need true wattage at one home I’m not trying to go to crazy with it am I don’t want to feel it more power than the RMS says I know the factor for it is multiplied by 1.20 so I’m not gonna go much higher than that if I can keep from doing that I don’t know much about score audio either that’s why did not choose that amp but sundown audio for that size but I have is that rages Lee crazy price when in all honesty I only paid like $130 for the audio pipe amp I just want room To move my Settings more or less if needed because basically trying to run that sub offer that amp is low power yet and no one certain terms because the amp is only rated are a mess error sorry it’s arm is raining is 1300 W but I had it dyno at 1146 W RMS at one home

Audiopipe?
The 1st post said Audison!
Now I'm all confused
Threadjack?
Lol
That's why you begin your own thread... I missed the change.

Probably because I’m driving using voice text yes it is audio pipe it is not Audisdon
I don’t know what thunderhack is... I am honestly looking for advice on the newer style apps I don’t know what else to do I have called several dealers and shops and everything and I just always want to push the best of the highest price of everything so that’s why am asking you guys

Im laughing without being a dick... I believe I did the same thing when I originally joined in 2013.
You'll figure it out... I did and I'm tech stoopid

You said you have a single cab Chevy. With that monster enclosure I’ll assume space will be limited and you’ll want to keep the taramps cool with air to breathe, same with the Chinese rp Skar which other folks say run hot.

W1500?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.