Question about Sundown audio.

With that kind of a budget, and wanting SQ...

With 3 grand I'd be looking at Morel, Focal, maybe a pair of w6's. Options are pretty much unlimited.
More this ^^^

With your budget, look into DC, DD, Ascendant, or SSA. Just depends on what you want. Get a mono amp for your subs and use the four channel for your components.
Less this ^^^

I'm in the process of chosing which subwoofers and amps. I just want to know what others think about the sundown sd2 subwoofers, and also sundown 100.4 amp. Would it be a good set up.
I'm in Minneapolis too and do full installs on the side. Pm me if your interested, I can even demo an sa12 for you.

Just FYI to those that say a 100.4 can't run a sub, well you're wrong......I've built several installs for customers with only a 100.4 running 3way with a single SA series sub that sounded great and pounded as well.....everyone is not looking for earth shaking ear splitting bass in every frigging install that's asked about on these forums.....

3K you have some good options. I'm a huge fan of the Zed Audio Leviathan 6 channel amp. You can run some good components (poke around Madisound for some high end mids and tweeters) actively crossed over off of 4 channels and strap the other 2 channels for sub duty... sounds great and is very efficient.

Any head unit worth the SQ title will have time alignment and the ability to run active crossover. You may also consider a digital processor of some sort (JBL MS-8, Audison Bit1, etc.)

For true SQ you should be looking for JBL GTi MkII, TC sounds / Audiopulse (Including old TC built Eclipse), Focal, Morel, Aura Sound, or some old Adire Audio.

3K you have some good options. I'm a huge fan of the Zed Audio Leviathan 6 channel amp. You can run some good components (poke around Madisound for some high end mids and tweeters) actively crossed over off of 4 channels and strap the other 2 channels for sub duty... sounds great and is very efficient.
Any head unit worth the SQ title will have time alignment and the ability to run active crossover. You may also consider a digital processor of some sort (JBL MS-8, Audison Bit1, etc.)

For true SQ you should be looking for JBL GTi MkII, TC sounds / Audiopulse (Including old TC built Eclipse), Focal, Morel, Aura Sound, or some old Adire Audio.

I'm currently designing an SQ project using Zed Audio Leviathans, JBL's, HAT and Sundown......it's "top secret" so shhhhhhhhhhhhh okay...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif;)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Must be a JL fan.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Never heard Sundown, imagine they must be good since so many people here use them, but with 3 grand I wouldnt be barking up that tree.

If OP is after true sq setup he should look into those brands. I think most people just think they want sq and really mean bass that sounds good and isnt boomy/sloppy

Must be a JL fan.
Actually, I do believe that JL dub3, dub6, and dub7 are good for their purposes.

What I know, tho, is that I've heard very few people put the ones you named up in the top tiers of SQ-dom, especially for someone with a $3k budget who can afford a wholelotfukkinbettah. If you think DD = SQ , then I question if you've any clue what SQ consists of.

I'd def take a W6 before anything in those lines, every day of the week, and twice on Sundays...

I'm currently designing an SQ project using Zed Audio Leviathans, JBL's, HAT and Sundown......it's "top secret" so shhhhhhhhhhhhh okay...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif;)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Sounded nice till I read Subdown...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...