Raxx in Janesville, WI

prodgod
10+ year member

Bored
My bro-in-law went to Raxx to get a HU, amp, subs and wiring installed in his 2 door Blazer a little while back. The install was simple, 2 JL 13W1's in a sealed box off a TMA 500/1 and an Alpine headunit.

We just took the system out because he sold the truck, and found some problems. Some of the wires on the HU adapter falling out. They also ran the power wire and rca's under the truck. The rca's were run down the side in wire loom, not damaged at all. But the power wire was run down the center, with wire loom, but it was touching the exhaust and melted straight through the jacket.

I would not recommend you getting anything installed from this store.

I went to raxx, and personally the installer was a dick, very unprofessional, i wanted to exchange the Alpine HU i just bought 30 mins ago for a differnt model, box unopened, just a horrible experiance from this guy

Just so everyone knows.. they have a new owner now, so I would give them another try.. I have yet to go there, but I have heard the new guy is better, JFYI!!!

K so I bought a pair of Morel Tempo Coax 6's and they shorted me a crossover... I called and they had it in the next day.. Customer service is awesome and the new guy is pretty cool and really knows what he's doing, and is willing to work on prices of equip..

I've wondered where Raxx moved to for several years. I don't know about the current owner, but about 7 years ago it was owned by two extremely knowledgable audiophiles somewhere around Delafield, at 83 and 94. They were great. THey got pissed at me though because I didn't buy their JL Audio amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

prodgod

10+ year member
Bored
prodgod
C-Town, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies