Six Speaker Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

BobS

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm installing a  Kenwood KMR-M325BT  Headunit and the Kenwood KAC-M1814 400W 4 Channel Amp on my boat. Four Kenwood speakers will all be hooked up to the external 400 W amp.  
My question. I thinking of adding two more speakers on the Wakeboard Tower of the boat, can these two additional speakers be connected to the speaker outputs of the Kenwood head unit?  I didn't know if this would work this way.

Why are you adding speakers to the wakeboard tower? Normally this is for people being pulled behind the boat. Are you doing something unconventional?
Two of the Four speakers in the boat (holes already cut) are in bad areas (down low, and one way underneath a seat). I was to the looking at adding speakers to the tower pointing down and towards the boat to fill in the sound better. So yes, a bit unconventional I guess, but have seen it before.

Two of the Four speakers in the boat (holes already cut) are in bad areas (down low, and one way underneath a seat). I was to the looking at adding speakers to the tower pointing down and towards the boat to fill in the sound better. So yes, a bit unconventional I guess, but have seen it before.
Ok. The speakers will not need to project sound nearly as far as we normally require of tower speakers. That means if you buy speaker pods that bolt onto a bar you're most likely getting something louder than standard boat speakers. In order words, they wouldn't need high power quite as urgently.

Even so, for lower distortion and more full and powerful sound they should be on an amplifier.

If there's no room in the budget to buy a 6 channel amplifier I would put the tower speakers on the amp and run two speakers off the head unit.

Do you have subwoofers?

Ok. The speakers will not need to project sound nearly as far as we normally require of tower speakers. That means if you buy speaker pods that bolt onto a bar you're most likely getting something louder than standard boat speakers. In order words, they wouldn't need high power quite as urgently.

Even so, for lower distortion and more full and powerful sound they should be on an amplifier.

If there's no room in the budget to buy a 6 channel amplifier I would put the tower speakers on the amp and run two speakers off the head unit.

Do you have subwoofers?
Yes that was my plan, put the tower speakers on the amp, and the two I don't like the location on the HU. (I already have the 400W 4 Ch Amp)

Yes adding a Kenwood 10" Marine Sub with a 200 W Amp.  I'm hoping to get this all put in this weekend.

I'm not looking forward to cutting out the 10" hole in the fiberglass for the sub, first time doing that.  

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BobS

CarAudio.com Newbie
BobS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BobS