soundstream rn1.3000d

Ralph LaCivita
10+ year member

Hawaii
I have two 200wrms subs @8 ohms, and might get one more.  I like this amp because it's frequency response is to 500Hz( jazz/funk mostly).  I have $150 credit from woofersect.  They don't have the rn1.2000d in stock., customer service wants to sell me this one.  I would have to be careful with the amp gain here, being nooby.  Is it possible to set the gains and not fry my subs?  I couldn't find other amps with 500Hz low pass in 400-500rms @ 4ohm.  Input/suggestions appreciated

10_30.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Woofer territory. 500 hz?  Interesting  Could be a reason you're not able to find other amps with a 500 hz l.p. filter 

Out of curiosity what subs are you specifically referring to?

subs are only supposed to go up to 80hz anymore you get localization.   125 and up is midbass/midrange territory so your understanding of what frequencies that each driver play and what music spectrum they cover is completely off bud. 

stay away from soundstream garbage, they are bottom of the barrel in most cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eclipse 8615.8, vintage.  Specs came without ideal box volume, but after much trial and error I found close.  Frequency range is 20Hz- 2000Hz, so I want to hear what they can do.  I'm new at this and like to experiment.  I wanted to get mid bass a few months ago and the forum pushed back on the idea.

Eclipse 8615.8, vintage.  Specs came without ideal box volume, but after much trial and error I found close.  Frequency range is 20Hz- 2000Hz, so I want to hear what they can do.  I'm new at this and like to experiment.  I wanted to get mid bass a few months ago and the forum pushed back on the idea.
yeah thats not correct at all, if you have voices come out of your sub its a completely fked up install.  Subwoofer range is 20 to 80 hz, does not play any more than that. Its not its job at all. Its not a matter of experimentation or not its literally general knowledge. Its literally like everyone telling you that normal athletic shoes only help you run but you are trying to swim and fly with those shoes.

yeah thats not correct at all, if you have voices come out of your sub its a completely fked up install.  Subwoofer range is 20 to 80 hz, does not play any more than that. Its not its job at all. Its not a matter of experimentation or not its literally general knowledge. Its literally like everyone telling you that normal athletic shoes only help you run but you are trying to swim and fly with those shoes.

Wait a sec....so you were hoping to get midbass as well as sub bass (subs bass only) from your Eclipse subs????
LISTEN CUSINS:  1) I listen to jazz and funk.  2) I can change my sub cross-over in ten seconds from my HU 3) I'm noob and like to experiment, if the sub can, I want to hear it.  So show me some amps or leave your comments to your SPL'n selves

LISTEN CUSINS:  1) I listen to jazz and funk.  2) I can change my sub cross-over in ten seconds from my HU 3) I'm noob and like to experiment, if the sub can, I want to hear it.  So show me some amps or leave your comments to your SPL'n selves
it doesnt matter what you listen to, you dont understand a single thing about sound quality at all and you run your mouth. Well just get off the internet if common sense doesn't apply to you.

Why on earth would you wanna change your subs x-over???? Should be set on one particular setting and leave it alone. Your  just like a little kid in a store....gotta touch everything with your hands. 

Why on earth would you wanna change your subs x-over???? Should be set on one particular setting and leave it alone. Your  just like a little kid in a store....gotta touch everything with your hands. 
Why comment on anything that is not AMPLIFIER?  Gotta stick your little 2 bits in where they don't belong

When the OP gets called out on dumb sh*t they cant comprehend, they default to the "stay on topic" argument, its fking hilarious. Its fine, let him play deep male vocals through his subs.  SOOO MUCH SOUND QUALITY with a muffled jazz coming out of his subs fking amazing, shits on every MECA SQ car I've ever sat in 100% sure.

When the OP gets called out on dumb sh*t they cant comprehend, they default to the "stay on topic" argument, its fking hilarious. Its fine, let him play deep male vocals through his subs.  SOOO MUCH SOUND QUALITY with a muffled jazz coming out of his subs fking amazing, shits on every MECA SQ car I've ever sat in 100% sure.
Sounds like he has a lot of time and $$ on his hands to play MacGuyver with speakers/subs.  Still an idiot tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.