Thoughts/Opinions on these 5 Channel amps

Participant count
  • Participants list

SUSHI
10+ year member

Hi all, Just recently bought a 2013 Lexus RX 350 with the factory premium system (not Mark Levinson). Looking to bypass the amp and install a nice 5 channel to power a set of Focal components in the front and a set of JL Audio coaxials in the rear + a 10" sub.

I'm currently looking at these 3 as i have a local small shop selling them all for around the same price give or take $50

• Rockford P1000X5
  • JL Audio XD700/5v2
  • Image Dynamics SQ1400.5
What are your thoughts and opinion on these or should I look at a different amp. 

I've been out of the car audio scene for a long time, and back when I was really into it Rockford Fosgate was a respectable company but it seems people are telling me their quality has declined quite a bit

All good choices, you can't go wrong with any of those. I prefer the Rockford myself.

I would install the Dayton Audio DSP as well if you are keeping the factory head unit.
Thanks for the input. I was planning on picking up an audio control LC7i. Would you recommend the Dayton audio DSP over the Audio Control?

Thanks for the input. I was planning on picking up an audio control LC7i. Would you recommend the Dayton audio DSP over the Audio Control?
Oh hell to the yes, the Dayton is a far superior piece of equipment. It allows you far more control over the signal processing and filtering. You can even tune it via bluetooth with the optional adapter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.