Tips to avoid getting jacked

Make it easier to steal the car than the equipment...that's what I did. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif So they can take the car somewhere else & have all the time they want to dismantle your equipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Most are opportunist & want to take your equipment right there instead of taking the whole vehicle, but I still wouldn't want to chance it

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif So they can take the car somewhere else & have all the time they want to dismantle your equipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Most are opportunist & want to take your equipment right there instead of taking the whole vehicle, but I still wouldn't want to chance it
Which is why I have security measures installed in the vehicle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Which is why I have security measures installed in the vehicle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
By saying.. "make it easier to steal the car than the equipment", it sounds like you are protecting the equipment more than the car itself

If you have a car with anything in it worth stealing to turn into a proifit via shortsell or trading for drugs or other easily liquidable things a tow truck will take your whole car in broad daylight with noone even giving a **** dude. I know dudes who would just start your ****ing car on fire because they could. The best protection you can get is a car that you dont give a **** about and some good insurance that will replace it all. Gotta love the teens who spend the milk money on a sound system to attract looks from people then worry about it getting stolen. Take off the license plate and don't blare your **** 2 miles from the mall? Are you kidding me.....get some insurance and put a sticker on your car that says " steal me I don't care, thanks for the money".

Might also consider who you show off your system to. like Aquantences or friends of friends who happen to be over with a friend wanting you to show your system or whatever. Heck even your own friends may talk to others unkowingly in conversation to someone who happens to be a thief.

I'm sure some here have been in conversations talking about your friends ride or how it thumps...etc. Thats not really a great idea, talk alone can provoke interest and interest provokes theft.

I never even talk about my system to anyone, i never show it to friends. If asked i would probably just say its some old junk Jenson system with cassette or something lol and move the convo elsewhere quick. i don't have much but a loss is still just that.

You never who a thief is, i have seen people get robbed by their own family members. Its like having a hot g/f, given the chance, even your uncle would *** her. If you take too much pride in your ride and have to worry about it, your probably doing something wrong or at least spent more than you can instantly recover from. (lived up above your means)

I'm putting a system in my car for the same reasons I'm putting 22" wheels, a rear wing, and a front spoiler on it. I WANT people to notice.

That said, I have an alarm system in it, everything is bolted in, and I have a .45.

I pity the fool that tries to steal my car, or anything in it.

If you take too much pride in your ride and have to worry about it, your probably doing something wrong or at least spent more than you can instantly recover from.. (lived up above your means)
Not necessarily if you have OCD like myself. More possessions = more paranoia & go overkill to protect it

As i said before prob 7 pages ago, disable/lock/disconnect your trunk popper thats in the car..Disconnect the lock mechanism to open the trunk/reroute cable..They would then have to tear out your back seat wich is time consuming to even get a look to see if they could even access anything...subs,box, no...amp maybe depending on location..

If you have a folddown rear seat that locks i dont think that is anything a flathead and a hammer cant get through in 10 seconds..

i rock the stock unit and everything looks stock insde..The trunk is simple looking too..

what I plan on doing (and I dont know If this has already been suggested) is screwing in an eyelet in the bottom of my prefab with a nylon coated steel cable through the floor board in the hatct and lock it through the underside of my car..kind of cluckerish but I think It'll be good!! lol

and I have a .45.
I pity the fool that tries to steal my car, or anything in it.
...too bad its like that but even my 80 year old step dad has a piece in his chrysler town and country minivan.....IN THE SUBURBS OF WESTMINSTER CO!! lol

again....I dont know if this has been said...but in parking lots with the diagonal spaces I go the wrong way down the rows and BACK into the space so my trunk isnt facing outward.. I like to park where I know there is cameras too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

with all those nice tips being said all i have to say is watch your mirrors because some people want wait till u park they will take it while your still in it and its hard to act tuff looking down the barrell of a gun and even if u got one in your car what you gon do when he got his pulled out first so just be safe and watch your surroundings and the chicks you hang out with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all those nice tips being said all I have to say is watch your mirrors because some people will wait till u park & they will take it while your still in it. It's hard to act tuff looking down the barrel of a gun and even if u got one in your car what you gonna do when he got his pulled out first. So just be safe and watch your surroundings and the chicks you hang out with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blast his carjacking ass with fire! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/flamer.gif.1fb8372af2de4b576aa9428ccc8a8f2f.gif

http://www.gettingit.com/article/69

* To bad it is not legal here though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

4 brothers tried to jack me in my driveway for my 71 chevrolet impala, on all gold center daytons, and vogue mayo and mustard tires, with 5K worth of Rockford , and 5K worth of wet look BMW emerald green paint

18 rounds of corbon 115 grain plus p plus out of my glock 19 layed them out in the driveway

if you can't stop em glock em

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...