Upgrading to bigger amps

Thinking about it, I'm not sure that I need/want more bass. Listening to rap it sounds perfect, enough to sound clean and rattle my rear view mirror, while taking only 1/4 of trunk space. Maybe I will start with the Taramps 3000 and see where I am at after that. Though, I am really curious about hearing a ported box so this may change come summer.

Definitely not looking to spend money on a custom box. There are boxes on Amazon that give 1.5-2 cubes of space, and will consume maybe 6" more of width in the trunk, which I can live with. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBFNKDI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A143KFI2TOWOP0&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IFEGB3I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AFD3YB3MPK3U3&psc=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about it, I'm not sure that I need/want more bass. Listening to rap it sounds perfect, enough to sound clean and rattle my rear view mirror, while taking only 1/4 of trunk space. Maybe I will start with the Taramps 3000 and see where I am at after that. Though, I am really curious about hearing a ported box so this may change come summer.

Definitely not looking to spend money on a custom box. There are boxes on Amazon that give 1.5-2 cubes of space, and will consume maybe 6" more of width in the trunk, which I can live with. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBFNKDI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A143KFI2TOWOP0&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IFEGB3I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AFD3YB3MPK3U3&psc=1
Don't get any high expectations from a high performance sub in a prefab enclosure. A custom box is wayyyy better. You'll end up losing output as well as loudness from a prefab. That sub deserves a custom box. A lot of prefabs are tuned pretty high. Some people don't understand how important a custom box is to match the sub(s) they own vs a prefab one.

Don't get any high expectations from a high performance sub in a prefab enclosure. A custom box is wayyyy better. You'll end up losing output as well as loudness from a prefab. That sub deserves a custom box. A lot of prefabs are tuned pretty high. Some people don't understand how important a custom box is to match the sub(s) they own vs a prefab one.
Losing output and  loudness you say? Coulda swore those were the same thing 😲

Can you build me a box? :)
Build?.. unless you're local Phx no.

I'd suggest Cscstang customs on Fb

Or @Buck... Hi output enclosures?

Either way they'll either design whatever you need and/or walk you thru the build process and set you up right.

Truck iirc?

Sometimes compromises have to be made... especially if underseat

I'll probably just go pre-fab then, they are so cheap that if it ***** I can just toss it. As-is I'm 100% content with SQ and 90% content with bass output, it's more curiosity than anything. 

No, it's a Subaru BRZ

I'd avoid using any full bridge besides mmatts for midrange duty for at least a few more generations. Ideal for sub stage at this point in their lifetime

Last edited by a moderator:
Their amps look affordable, are they known for having the best amps? I remember hearing of them being up their in quality back in the day when I was more into car audio (1999-2002).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.