voicecoil wiring options

Twisted sounds 1.8 kilowatt what should I run my dual voice coil tuome sub suggest positive negative on speaker or one voice coil on speaker and one voice coil and speaker B where are they truly connected as in they should be in a monoblock just wondering if it says speaker and speaker B makes it sound like they are separate

I just bought a pair of FI Alpha 12's. They're single 2 ohm. As with most sub amps..my RF 1200 has one channel with 2 + outputs and 2 - outputs. To get a one ohm load can I use both + outputs to both subs and both - or will I have to use one + output and run a wire from the positive on 1 sub to the positive on the other?

I just bought a pair of FI Alpha 12's. They're single 2 ohm. As with most sub amps..my RF 1200 has one channel with 2 + outputs and 2 - outputs. To get a one ohm load can I use both + outputs to both subs and both - or will I have to use one + output and run a wire from the positive on 1 sub to the positive on the other?
I am so confused. I think I screwed up.
I bought two Kenwood mono amps kac-501 to push two punch dvc 4 ohm 10 shallow mounts

My thoughts were the amps are 300 watts rms at 4 ohms so I should purchase subs that are 300 watts rms 4 ohms.

But after reading this big *** thread it looks like I should have purchased the punch shallow dvc 2 ohm 10s to pair with the 4 ohm amps.

I think it will still work because the amp handles 2 ohms at 500 watts. But am I making it work too hard? Or are two amps too much?

So confused.
22e7b2b01bf3745435b7c8109f9e7792.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am so confused. I think I screwed up.
I bought two Kenwood mono amps kac-501 to push two punch dvc 4 ohm 10 shallow mounts

My thoughts were the amps are 300 watts rms at 4 ohms so I should purchase subs that are 300 watts rms 4 ohms.

But after reading this big *** thread it looks like I should have purchased the punch shallow dvc 2 ohm 10s to pair with the 4 ohm amps.

I think it will still work because the amp handles 2 ohms at 500 watts. But am I making it work too hard? Or are two amps too much?

So confused.
22e7b2b01bf3745435b7c8109f9e7792.jpg

Can someone answer one question for me.
If the amp specs are 300 watts rms at 4 ohms and 500 watts rms at 2 ohms would it not be better to buy a 2 ohm dual voice coil sub or a 4 ohm?

True or false!?

A 4 ohm dvc 10 inch sub rated 300 watts rms paired to a 500 watt @ 2 ohm amp is less powerful by 50 rms watts (4 ohm) than a 2 ohm dvc 10 inch sub rated at 300 watts rms paired to a 300 watts rms at 4 ohm amp.

Can someone answer one question for me.
If the amp specs are 300 watts rms at 4 ohms and 500 watts rms at 2 ohms would it not be better to buy a 2 ohm dual voice coil sub or a 4 ohm?

True or false!?

A 4 ohm dvc 10 inch sub rated 300 watts rms paired to a 500 watt @ 2 ohm amp is less powerful by 50 rms watts (4 ohm) than a 2 ohm dvc 10 inch sub rated at 300 watts rms paired to a 300 watts rms at 4 ohm amp.

I think I understand now.
The more watts, the louder the sub no matter what ohm it is at.

So getting the dvc 4 ohm sub allows me to use the amp to it's full potential of 500 watts by wiring it in parallel. (Brings it to 2 ohms)

Had I purchased the 2 ohm dvc sub, I would only be using 300 watts, which would have been ok too since the subs are rated at 300 watts rms, 600 max. The amp would definitely stay cooler and the sub would never be pushed too hard.

Right?

I think I understand now.
The more watts, the louder the sub no matter what ohm it is at.

So getting the dvc 4 ohm sub allows me to use the amp to it's full potential of 500 watts by wiring it in parallel. (Brings it to 2 ohms)

Had I purchased the 2 ohm dvc sub, I would only be using 300 watts, which would have been ok too since the subs are rated at 300 watts rms, 600 max. The amp would definitely stay cooler and the sub would never be pushed too hard.

Right?

Not true since a lot of amps put out most power in 1 ohm and 1/2 ohm.

Not true since a lot of amps put out most power in 1 ohm and 1/2 ohm.
Wtf are you talking about? My amp cannot handle 1 ohm. It would have been nice to get some sort of confirmation that I wired it right but it seems more important to correct a statement that doesn't contribute or help in any way.

I have a quick question.
I have 4 channel amp, when bridged the output is 2x210W rms at 4 ohms. Can I connect dual voice coil sub on it? Was thinking to buy 400W rms sub 2x4Ohm and connect one channel on one voice coil and second voice coil on second channel. Is that doable and has anybody tried it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.