voicecoil wiring options

Not sure if this has been answered yet already, but is it okay to mix and match parallel/series when trying to get an ohm load...like run one speaker parallel and the other in a series....I might be getting 2 d2 subs, and a 1 ohm load would be ideal, but starting to look very impossible

Not sure if this has been answered yet already, but is it okay to mix and match parallel/series when trying to get an ohm load...like run one speaker parallel and the other in a series....I might be getting 2 d2 subs, and a 1 ohm load would be ideal, but starting to look very impossible
it is impossible, and that is a bad idea

ye, that's what i thought, i could have sworn i was reading a thread where the guy was saying "he got creative with the wiring, mixing parallel/series" but, alright, thanx for the heads up.

hoping some one can help out here, I have a cmpx2 15"sub 1600w @ 2ohms, dual 4ohm voice coils, don't know what any of this means, I got the information from the instructions that came in the box. The amp I have is a ORION 275HCCA red, all I know about the amp is that its 1200w rms at 1ohm. Sorry for all the stupid questions I'm a total novice.

Is this a good combination?

What is the most power my amp can puch to my sub?

What is the best way to wire this combination?

I can't afford to get another sub or another amp, I also have a ORION THE BEAST HCCA 2250, but I think this one only puches out 1000rms 1ohm. I also have a alumapro 15fared cap to back up my amp. Any information greatly appreciated

alright.. i've tried to ask some people, and searched around, but can't find the answer..

If I got a dual 2ohm sub.. I know i can wire it in series, and parallel, but can you wire one DVC sub in series-parallel, or do you have to have 2 drivers to do that?

all the links at the beginning of this thread are no longer working... found this one though... looks really useful so here is the link.. http://www.crutchfield.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?imageID=1DVC%5F2%2Dohm%5Fmono

alright.. i've tried to ask some people, and searched around, but can't find the answer..
If I got a dual 2ohm sub.. I know i can wire it in series, and parallel, but can you wire one DVC sub in series-parallel, or do you have to have 2 drivers to do that?

all the links at the beginning of this thread are no longer working... found this one though... looks really useful so here is the link.. http://www.crutchfield.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?imageID=1DVC%5F2%2Dohm%5Fmono
Check this site:

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42

..peace...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.