What’s the new Forum Boner?

So below is what they sent back. I checked it with a dmm and it does show 2 ohm so looks like it will work. One last question though. He suggests small ported box. But what cube is considered small for this sub and what frequency should it be tuned to?  Listen is rap/hip hop mostly. 

That is one of our original U.S. Built 3510's. You would need a multimeter to see if the coil has continuity, and to check impedance. The sub is rated for around 1000W RMSs, and will work great in a small ported enclosure. It can be rebuilt and upgraded to current parts. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

So below is what they sent back. I checked it with a dmm and it does show 2 ohm so looks like it will work. One last question though. He suggests small ported box. But what cube is considered small for this sub and what frequency should it be tuned to?  Listen is rap/hip hop mostly. 

That is one of our original U.S. Built 3510's. You would need a multimeter to see if the coil has continuity, and to check impedance. The sub is rated for around 1000W RMSs, and will work great in a small ported enclosure. It can be rebuilt and upgraded to current parts. Let me know if you have any other questions. 
1cf is considered small. Tune 33-38hz depending on what you listen to. 

It'll probably be pretty peaky.. but you can flatten it out with testing different ports. I'd look into getting an adjustable port so you get it just right otherwise you'll suffer in other areas with such little cone area

It'll probably be pretty peaky.. but you can flatten it out with testing different ports. I'd look into getting an adjustable port so you get it just right otherwise you'll suffer in other areas with such little cone area
This is a good suggestion. I would use a 4 inch aeroport and a 4 inch pvc sewer and drain 90 degree elbow. It's important to use sdr not sch 40 because the thin walls of the aeroport tubes only work with sdr pipe fittings. 

Appreciate the comments on the car. I love it. It’s quick. Not quite quick enough (supercharger coming soon) 😎

Soooo...no forum boners anymore. Damn. Well what are people running now that can handle that powa?  I’ll check on the zcon. 

And looking for single 10 or 12
Nice car.  Which supercharger are you going with?  The edelbrock is looking real nice about now and you can’t go wrong with whipple. Depending on what you use the car for, a twin turbo setup really makes the S550’s go like stink. After all, if you want to play with the big boys in Houston, you need at least 1,000 hp and everything else to keep it on the ground. 

I have a 17 GT performance pack with the Roush supercharger. It’s fast enough to get to work on time. Holy cow it’s fun, but even with my limited power (670 or so crank) I can never actually get on it. 

Nice car.  Which supercharger are you going with?  The edelbrock is looking real nice about now and you can’t go wrong with whipple. Depending on what you use the car for, a twin turbo setup really makes the S550’s go like stink. After all, if you want to play with the big boys in Houston, you need at least 1,000 hp and everything else to keep it on the ground. 

I have a 17 GT performance pack with the Roush supercharger. It’s fast enough to get to work on time. Holy cow it’s fun, but even with my limited power (670 or so crank) I can never actually get on it. 
Honestly I’m on the fence. It boils down to warranty or not. The roush stage 1 is what I’ve Been looking at simply for the peace of mind. I’m not looking to take it to the track every weekend, just make it a quick daily driver for a couple years. On yours are you saying it never hooks up? That’s what I’ve read from several forums is that unless it’s a 40+ roll you can’t get traction. 

Honestly I’m on the fence. It boils down to warranty or not. The roush stage 1 is what I’ve Been looking at simply for the peace of mind. I’m not looking to take it to the track every weekend, just make it a quick daily driver for a couple years. On yours are you saying it never hooks up? That’s what I’ve read from several forums is that unless it’s a 40+ roll you can’t get traction. 
I can spin the tires at will through about half of third gear. Steeda and BMR both make some serious suspension upgrades that will help a lot. To really pound on it from a stop, you need drag radials at minimum, then the clutch, half shafts and driveshaft are next to be upgraded.  

I went with the Roush because there was an optional 3 yr 36,000 warranty on the drivetrain and still have extended warranty for everything else for a long time to come.  With the stage 1 setup it’s not unreasonable to expect near oem longevity assuming reasonable use. 

I think whipple and edelbrock also offer warranties. 

A couple pics:

I’m assuming you don’t have a spare tire, so if you use reasonable modern amps, they will all hide away nicely unlike the surfboards I used.

BDD5E086-6C73-41B4-84B9-F7B719B89A94.jpeg1AB5E7D4-9A82-4446-A032-B99631C74290.jpeg

This is the 2300, the one for yours is a 2650 I think. That equals more better. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.