Why do Capaciters even exist?

And i read the manual already. Very very basic installation instructions. I dont remeber there being anything about "muting" if voltage is lower in the manual
Do you think they'd include something like that in the manual? no this is all due to people all running them and reporting problems/issues regarding this. Its from inherent amp design. Same issues with rockford's BDCP line and a few zed and zapco heavily regulated power supply amps.

I'd recommend you getting a voltmeter and connect it at the subwoofer amp's positive and negative terminal. Yes shove it in with your 0 gauge. Whatever voltage you think you are getting, is your front battery voltage which will be significantly different from the voltage the amp sees.

Capacitor part of supercapacitors is what get people confused. Supercaps is absolutely killing it, bank of 6 500F caps can start my truck reliably every time and deliver 200-250A of current on demand in microseconds,unlike battery. It also weigh 1/10 of agm batt.

Capacitor part of supercapacitors is what get people confused. Supercaps is absolutely killing it, bank of 6 500F caps can start my truck reliably every time and deliver 200-250A of current on demand in microseconds,unlike battery. It also weigh 1/10 of agm batt.
however without proper alt power, on long sustained notes, super caps definitely get depleted and all you are left with is battery reserve. Super caps isnt an option for people that cant fit lots of alts and is running huge power. It has to be hybrid with agms or lithiums if they dont have stout alternator power.

however without proper alt power, on long sustained notes, super caps definitely get depleted and all you are left with is battery reserve. Super caps isnt an option for people that cant fit lots of alts and is running huge power. It has to be hybrid with agms or lithiums if they dont have stout alternator power.
this

they're a great addition if you're seeing massive voltage drops on spontaneous notes but on long heavy draws without the alternator output to back them up they wont work miracles

also to add to this;

"super caps definitely get depleted and all you are left with is battery reserve" and depleted caps that are now requiring power themselves

isnt voltage drop an alternator issue in the first place? id put my money on a solid HO alt and solid battery before anything else... gotta start from the source of power and work your way up from there

isnt voltage drop an alternator issue in the first place? id put my money on a solid HO alt and solid battery before anything else... gotta start from the source of power and work your way up from there
Try doing two or more alts in a 2009 sienna engine bay. Only way its possible to run what im running is through battery power.

When i was a teenager there was an older saturn around here with atleast 4 alternators, he cut holes and had them running up out of the engine bay. Youve got options lol.

i have 1/4 the voltage drop that i did previously after adding a bank of caps. the caps act as a damper in a way and prevent the fluctuations from being so vast and thats why they help with voltage drop

Obviously true. but amplifier don`t draw constant current on music, if you listen to sinewaves then of course.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
DarkKnightSM
Co Springs
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from