Why do Capaciters even exist?

HA! I dId enough mindless spending already. I'm good!
return it and buy the one i linked.

I dont get why you waste money before doing research or even asking people who know what they are doing. Its like people make these type of threads for any hope of validation that they made proper life choices..

return it and buy the one i linked.

I dont get why you waste money before doing research or even asking people who know what they are doing. Its like people make these type of threads for any hope of validation that they made proper life choices..
No way did i buy that!! I was just curious and thinking.

Most shops can get XS but you will pay retail.
Maybe i will find one on craigslist. Honestly im not to worried about a second battery right now. Not pushing enough to need one. And i found out that the hd amps are not only samewattage from 1.5-4 but can also push same wattage from somewhere between 12-15 volts

Maybe i will find one on craigslist. Honestly im not to worried about a second battery right now. Not pushing enough to need one. And i found out that the hd amps are not only samewattage from 1.5-4 but can also push same wattage from somewhere between 12-15 volts
It's call RIPS. It's just a tightly regulated power supply but it also lowers efficiency a lot. It's give and take. The lower the voltage the more current it pulls. The amp will mute itself.

It's call RIPS. It's just a tightly regulated power supply but it also lowers efficiency a lot. It's give and take. The lower the voltage the more current it pulls. The amp will mute itself.
Ahhh thats right. I quickly forget these things. What do you mean mute itself? As in it cannot play as loud?

Ahhh thats right. I quickly forget these things. What do you mean mute itself? As in it cannot play as loud?
it shuts off the music to let voltage recover, or it lowers the volume to let voltage recover. just depends on design

it shuts off the music to let voltage recover, or it lowers the volume to let voltage recover. just depends on design
Well that explains why my volume lowers after extended listening. I thought i was starting to go def and had to keep turningthe volume up

Well that explains why my volume lowers after extended listening. I thought i was starting to go def and had to keep turningthe volume up
read your manual

dont keep turning it up, you're most likely clipping - do you even know what voltage your amp is seeing? 10v? you dont want to buy new equipment do you

read your manual
dont keep turning it up, you're most likely clipping - do you even know what voltage your amp is seeing? 10v? you dont want to buy new equipment do you
I dont turn it up if i hear audible clipping but no telling if theres inaudible clipping. No my voltage stays pretty stable from 12-14. If you call that stable. Ill test again for exavt numbers

read your manual
And i read the manual already. Very very basic installation instructions. I dont remeber there being anything about "muting" if voltage is lower in the manual

I dont turn it up if i hear audible clipping but no telling if theres inaudible clipping. No my voltage stays pretty stable from 12-14. If you call that stable. Ill test again for exavt numbers
test it at the amp inputs, nowhere else matters until you know that number.

you wont hear the clipping until its too late, i guarantee that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
DarkKnightSM
Co Springs
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from