Wire Comparison

I think you should also load test 2 comparable copper weight wires but 1 with high strand count and one with a low strand count.. So u can prove/disprove the hole dc power travels on the outside of the wire myth.

whats the addy i need to ship to for testing? i have some very ****** 100% ofc copper wire with a super strong (not very flexible jacket. heat resistant to all get out. great for runs under the car, big 3, anywhere really except super tight turns.

ya I wasn't to sure about audiopipe as its copper weight was pretty low and I wasn't 100% on OFC or not so I just based my CCA off of the weight and OD.

thanks man! be sure to share this thread with your buddies! and I can't wait to get the load testing on some of the wires done!

im running efx wire and i like that alot. i felt the weight difference from efx then knu idk which level of wire it was a blue coating and the efx wire was way heavier to. but you should try jl audio wire they should be pretty good. and i wanna see u do kicker wire. i wanna see if that wire is any good?

awesome thread sir! i am about to get some new 0g for my whole system(my kicker has burns and gashes...its really old) and i was wondering....out of all these which one would you guys buy....its the cca knu worth it?

I did kicker wire already! take a look up!
Man....I have to say. Bravo for following through with your survey!

I intended on following through with my original survey but never got around to it. But after seeing your devotion to truly gauge 12v audio power wire sizes really makes me want to get back to my survey.

Crazykenkid,

Get ahold of me ASAP!

I would love to get together with you on a broad range of wire size comparisons.

Pm me or email at audible.insanity@gmail.com.

Your survey has been great so far. I would like to help you expand your data and raise awareness regarding power wire in the 12v community.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.