Wiring a underseat sub, connect before or after amplifier?

jert123

CarAudio.com Newbie
LX
Hello,

Just bought a underseat-subwoofer (Kenwood KSC-SW11).

Since I have the factory HU connected to an external amp (Focal Impulse 4.320) powering the front and rear speakers, should I connect the underseat-subwoofer before or after the Focal Impulse 4.320?

The speakers in the front are hertz focal dieci 165.3 (without crossover) and the rears are the factory ones (extremely under powered in comparison to the fronts).
All the connections are high-level.

Options shown in the figure bellow.

Currently it is like this:
original.png

It can go as option A or option B

Option A
after-amp.png

Option B

no-amp.png

If ones more experienced could provide help would be great.

Best regards,
Jert123

Hello,

Just bought a underseat-subwoofer (Kenwood KSC-SW11).

Since I have the factory HU connected to an external amp (Focal Impulse 4.320) powering the front and rear speakers, should I connect the underseat-subwoofer before or after the Focal Impulse 4.320?

The speakers in the front are hertz focal dieci 165.3 (without crossover) and the rears are the factory ones (extremely under powered in comparison to the fronts).
All the connections are high-level.

Options shown in the figure bellow.

Currently it is like this:
View attachment 6047

It can go as option A or option B

Option A
View attachment 6048

Option B

View attachment 6049

If ones more experienced could provide help would be great.

Best regards,
Jert123
Both of those diagrams are wrong. You will still want front and rear wires for the input of the 4 channel amp. You will need to use the rears, also, for the Kenwood. So, the rear speaker wires will need to feed signal to both.

Sorry to hijack, I am wondering the same thing.

So of the options specified out of option A and the revised option B, which was the one to use?

I am in an option B scenario now which works but the sub just disappears.

Last edited:
I used option B (revised) but keep in mid that my specific sub has built-in amplifier.

EDIT: My sub specifically is weak can only fill the environment, it is not overly powerful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.