01 4dr alero (V6, 3.4L)

he meant the air silencer. i took mine out on my t-bird. no noticable power but i get a decent woosh which is cool. gas milage went up a lil bit too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I did it on my bros mx-5 too.
yeah, i'm not sure how it works on your car, but my honda accord has an intake "resonator"

basically a box with pipes winding around indside. works kinda like tuning a subwoofer box, to make the intake noise quieter, but it also restricts airflow (a little).

i pulled mine out and turned it into a make-shift cold air intake:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4275

with that setup it sounds slightly louder (especially at WOT) than stock. during normal driving the sound change is negligible.

it seems to provide a very small performance gain (but an actual intake does very little on my vehicle).

i think it's a worthwhile (free, easy) modification.

since then i've tried a cold air intake, and have now converted it to a short ram intake.

both are way louder than just the resonator removal.

Swap in a Supercharged 3.8 from a GTP Grand Prix. Not many parts are made for the 3.4, my buddy used to have one and wanted to make it fast. Another friend and I told him we could fab up a 150 shot for it. He always said we could, but he traded it the day before we were going to. Sissy.

tonight im ordering a 12" 800 rms power acoustik sub, 740rms p.a amp and all.. hopefully sometime next week it will be wired and i can turn some heads

Swap in a Supercharged 3.8 from a GTP Grand Prix. Not many parts are made for the 3.4, my buddy used to have one and wanted to make it fast. Another friend and I told him we could fab up a 150 shot for it. He always said we could, but he traded it the day before we were going to. Sissy.
It was him ^^^ that said about the 150 shot of NOS for the 3.4, it wasnt me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I know a 150 shot would blow the engine, that was the point. Me and my buddy were trying to see how far this guy would go to make his car fast.

My old Daytona did take a good amount of spray for two trips down the 1/8. It was a an un-regulated spray into the intake hose. 100-125 was our guess.

2 12" 500w rms subs and 2 500w amp and 2 compacitors
Compacitors huh? F*cking compacitors!?! good lord, a lot of people use caps under false pretenses of function but for f*ck sake learn what the word is.

And you should not be trying to make an Alero fast. Just stop. Do your future children a favor and off yourself now.

His 3.8 would have handled the 150 shot with the proper fuel system upgrades //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm not cryin, and unearned? Shut the **** up dude you dont know ****, for someone with 19,009 post you would think their not a idiot and make an assumption like that. I worked my ****ing ass off to get any car, i would have settled with a old civic that costed a quarter of what my car cost. And its not like its mine and free, i paid 2k and he has total control over it, he was against me putting a system in it. I dont usualy get mad with peope over the net becasue thats gay but your just a ****in tard.

I no like i said i dont get pissed over the net, but some hot shot says something like that its just retarded. Really makes him look like an idiot.

You look like more of an idiot for responding. There is a saying that you never argue with stupid people...they'll drag you down to their level and pummel you with experience.

That being said, if I were you I wouldn't do anything to that car. You said yourself that your dad has total control of it. Either buy him out, or abide by his rules. If you must do anything, build a system first, little by little. Don't do any performance modifications. There isn't anything aftermarket available for that car anyway. Put an alarm on it. He wouldn't mind that I'm sure. Maybe some wheels and some tint. Anything else will severely de-value the car. Drive it and be happy. Save your money to buy what your want for next time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Kaltenberg

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Kaltenberg
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date