'01 Cougar DD 3515

surreal
10+ year member

On my katy perry sht
OK
2001 Mercury Cougar sports package. A DD 3515, Sundown 1500, DD CXS6.5's, and a shitty sony 2ch amp for the moment.

The car:

img4147v.jpg

Messy wiring. Ran under carpet up beside the seats. Itll look nothing like this when finished.

Didnt get any pics during running the wire though, sorry.

img4184t.jpg

Just under 4cube box coming along

img4189f.jpg

img4190r.jpg

img4191c.jpg

Still waiting to get the back piece.. Test fit shows its nice and snug.

img4194y.jpg

img4193u.jpg

The box is almost finished now. All it needs is aero ports which Im waiting on.

The car was also tinted yesterday with 5% all around.

And I will be starting an amp rack of sorts for the tire well today, so more pictures should be up soon.

What, for the box? Itll eventually be a carbon fiber type fabric to match my dash hopefully.

Just putting that off due to lack of funds at the moment.

Wired up some LEDs and **** to light the front/rear floor matts a few minutes ago. Will get pics and updates soon.

img4213k.jpg

PVC ports because time/patience/funds ran too short for aeros.

img4200g.jpg

Amp test..check! I know I know.. bad battery. Its a temp til I can fund a 9a31 or similar.

img4201r.jpg

Battery relocation, 4ch added. Starting to come along.

img4206q.jpg

img4208xm.jpg

5x7 -> 6.5 mounts traced.

img4209b.jpg

Nice and clean //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Cant see a thing! (hardly)

It looks good but you need to switch out the non sealed wet cell battery in the hatch area it's not safe at all to have that in the car with you.

img4298z.jpg

A bit dirty but oh well.

The acceleration on it is OK. Ive got an automatic. My old '97 maxima would probably take it.

And the new box sounds pretty good. No port noise with the PVC, and it has a 'fuller' sound than my slotted box did.

looks clean to me. doesnt matter so long as youre happy anyhow. Im surprised you didnt get any noise with those ports. usually i get mad when people do LEDs but that looks pretty alright

finish it up niqqa

Ill be sanding the box down a bit more and fabricating it later. My schedules too busy at the moment, trying to get my college **** started and spend time with the girl.

And thanks, I be tryin'... shoooot.

I didnt go overboard with the LEDs or lighting. Just wanting something to light the floormatts some. The lower-left LED is the gain knob, green is a voltmeter, and well.. the deck is duh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

surreal

10+ year member
On my katy perry sht
surreal
OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date