02 Altima wiring issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

jbake2166

So I have a 2002 Nissan Altima sl, which includes the stock bose system. I'm fairly new with car audio, but I've read up and researched a good deal. I just have absolutely no idea what to do to get everything to work. Everything other than the input wires to my new amp is set up and ready to go. I just can't figure out how to supply the audio signal to the new amp. Basically, I have tried splitting the input wires going into the clips for the stock bose amp for my rear speakers and connecting them to rca cables to plug into my new amplifier I'm going to install. (I did the same with the remote turn on) However, this resulted in my radio turning on, yet absolutely no sound came from ANY speaker in the vehicle. Now I have tried buying a OEM adapter that was supposed to be able to allow you to add an amplifier to 1995-2002 nissan vehicles, yet that does not fit with the wires in my trunk... I have no idea what else to try to get this installed and would prefer to save my money by not going to a shop. Any ideas? Anyone have this problem with their altima before? Thank you for any help!

i dont mess with stock radio. but i believe (believe) on your amp theres some wires called high input i believe you connect the wires from the radio speakers to the amps high input wire and bam it should work. anybody here agrees or desagree...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.