03 Durtymax enclosure design help

Participant count
  • Participant list

jake21
10+ year member

Lifted > Lowered
Just picked up an 03 Chevy Silverado Duramax and am trying to decide what to do for the enclosure.

I have a couple options as i still use my back seats for transportation:

-Remove middle of rear seat and make a center console with 1 Solox 12"

or

-Remove bottom of entire rear seat and make a box that holds 2 Solox 12's and also acts as a seat (upholstered with cushion and all that fun ****) kinda like this but flat all the way across

here

or

- Use both designs together except, do two subs coming out of the rear center console and get all of my volume by making the box run under the rear seats, or even just one seat, and port out that side also so there will be some pressurizing

Subs will each have their own kicker 2500.1

Running a port out the side either behind or under would work good. But I wouldnt worry about trying to get more volume with extra airspace under the seat and center. That would be a major pita and you would probably regret trying it about mid way through it, lol. Do a cardboard make up box to see what the actual size looks like put together. I had a similar choice and went with one 15 and trust me when I say it hits hard. Just take your time planning and thinking it all out. Here is my build if it will help you at all

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/502725-07-f250-15in-fi-console-box-etc.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.