05 XXX 12'' SQ build help

The chrome finish is exactly what I'm referring to. The top plate and back plate on my sub are chrome.
Then its an 05, its a special 03 that was chromed, or you are mistaking the highly polished steel for chrome (which is easy to do). Here's what a standard 03 motor looked like...

2003_re_xxx_03.jpg

2003_re_xxx_04.jpg

The square back plate shows that is not an 05 motor, but the polished steel looks a lot like chrome, and has been mistaken for it many times before.

Here are chromed 05's.

Picture011.jpg

Did you buy the sub new, or used?

I bought it new and I am well versed in the difference between polished metal and chrome. Looking back I got it spring or summer of '04 direct from RE.

xxx121.jpg

xxx122.jpg

If that's polished steel it would have to be stainless which is worthless for a motor and would still be the best polish job I've ever seen.

I cant look at your sub in person to say one way or the other, nor are your pics conclusive to me to say "you own an 05" or not. The 04 motor was polished not chromed, the 05 was chromed. If you dont believe me, you can PM PSI and ask him yourself. Im not trying to be argumentative, but I know Im correct. Ive seen either David or Scott from RE stating the exact same things Ive said here.

Don't let PSI touch it with a recone. Fix the lead(s) and use it. Amazing sounding woofah as it stands
Tard. Dave was possibly the original builder back in the day so he knows how to set them up right. He swears by it's original composition of parts and urges to recone them to stock spec anyway.

Also common misconception. A broken lead is most likely the product of a damaged coil. When the coil scrapes and effectively shorts the lead will blow/break/tear/burn. Not really ever a product of over-excursion as many seem to believe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.