1 Power Hx2 or 2

fotuus

My current setup for down-low is 2 Power HX2's with a JBL 1200.1 running in a sealed separate chamber box with around .75 to each. First of all, I built my box way too big and I am not getting the results I wanted.

So, I am stuck. I need to know whether to get rid of 1 sub or to keep both and just keep pushing off the JBL. I was considering another amp, but then I would need another battery and alternator which I do not have money for right now. In addition to your opinion about the subs, can you suggest a box size and style for your opinion. Thanks.

what size power hx2 do you have???

10's require 0.625 cu ft.

12's require 1.0 cu ft.

15's require 1.25 cu ft.

your box may be too small.

also, you need at least 2000 watts RMS for the set.....

jonathan

Thanks for the post, but I think you may be a little bit confused. My box is currently .75 per chamber, not for the entire box. I know that in order to run the pair with ample power, I need at a bare minimum of 2000 watts. My question is whether I should go with 1 or 2 subs and a box type/size. I prefer the cheapest method and running a second amp is definitely not. It was cost probably $300-400 for the amp, another $280-300 for a battery, another $300-450 for amp. After this I have to buy more box material, wood, carpet, etc. After all of this, amp rack, battery rack.

what size power hx2 do you have???
10's require 0.625 cu ft.

12's require 1.0 cu ft.

15's require 1.25 cu ft.

your box may be too small.

also, you need at least 2000 watts RMS for the set.....

jonathan
you don't NEED 2000watts to power anything. if you know what your doing you can make sh!t sound good off as little as a couple hundred!

you don't NEED 2000watts to power anything. if you know what your doing you can make sh!t sound good off as little as a couple hundred!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

You are correct in that you do not need 2000 watts to power anything. However, in order to get the Power HX2's loud you need that much. Think logically, they take 1000 RMS each. Usually you can go around 1200-1400 RMS per.

Now, I have 10's.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gifYou are correct in that you do not need 2000 watts to power anything. However, in order to get the Power HX2's loud you need that much. Think logically, they take 1000 RMS each. Usually you can go around 1200-1400 RMS per.

Now, I have 10's.
before you start flying the flag maybe you should learn a few things! just because they can handle 1000w doesn't mean that you need that much to get them to reach xmax. and after you hit xmax then what? drive them some more? learn alittle more for you start opening you mouth. build a bigger box and port it, and see if that doesn't do it.

A classic below_30 poster.

The real problem has been uncovered and the proper solution to the problem has been offered, yet the poster refuses to believe the persons offering the advice and still continues singlemindedly to push what he or she THINKS is the problem...

Maybe you should go look at the Below_30 threads. When he finally took the advice of the members, he realized how big of an idiot he was fighting and pushing his agenda for months.

It's pretty clear you are unhappy with your box and with the amount of power/surface area you've got, you should be more than content. If you have room to port the 2 10"s, and you want it to be that loud, go for it.

If the situation necessitates that you remove one sub and just use a nice ported box, I would go that route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.