1000$ SQ setup HELP

outsideshot23
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
OKC
so i got 1000$ max. Neeed a solid SQ setup. Going to compete in smaller SQ classes but im also doing almost a 160 on music. So need something that can kinda keep up but when i flip the switch on the bass sounds awesome. So im thinking multiple door speakers and tweeters with maybe an 8" sub sealed. ? just have no clue on how much of each or brands etc,.... not an sq guy.. someone help me out please

Decent 6 channel, 3 way active.

Not much advice from here but I know if you wanted to go that route there is a lot of nice 6 channel's around in the FS thread.

I'm setting up an Audison 6.9, QWD MB 5.25/tweeter and QXD 6.5 in the kick. should sound fantastic and get pretty loud with about a 300rms per side

What kind of deck do you have?

You need an active deck a decent eq and time alignment. Install tune. Install again and tune tune tune tune. And substage means nothing really in an sq setup.

kenwood excelon x693.. I noticed it has alot of time alignment stuff on it.. Was looking at rainbow but they might be a little out of my range

What kind of deck do you have?
You need an active deck a decent eq and time alignment. Install tune. Install again and tune tune tune tune. And substage means nothing really in an sq setup.
they judge bass. I guess it could be a good midbass. but i need all the points I can get,..

Deadener, CCF, MLV and great install are a must. On top of that running active with time alignment is another must. You have to get proper imaging and sound staging so it sounds like its coming from the bottom of the windshield. When you turn your head the sound shouldnt move. It should sound the same if your time alignment is right.

Deadener, CCF, MLV and great install are a must. On top of that running active with time alignment is another must. You have to get proper imaging and sound staging so it sounds like its coming from the bottom of the windshield. When you turn your head the sound shouldnt move. It should sound the same if your time alignment is right.
x2

thats why i'm having someone thats been in the game forever help with placement and tuning.

If im understanding correctly. You want to have a switch to turn on your main substage. Then to have your sq install with multiple drivers and a sub to go with that when the main substage is off. Correct?

I would suggest going with a 3 way install but utilizing drivers that would take tons of power (non comes to mind srry). With my front stage it keeps up VERY well with me hitting 140db on music. 160db is very different tho. Hmmmmm have you thought about having your front stage broken into two as well? Basically your sq front stage would have all the proper placement/tuning and will always run. Then you would have multiple drivers on a switch as well. So that when competing only the selected drivers will play but when turning the switch, the rest will come on. At that point you will have to figure out how to turn the sq sub off but everything else would turn off and work. Or you could have the entire sq install wired to a switch to turn off and on. So you would need a total of 2 switches. One SQ and one SPL. Just some ideas.

The main reason why I would suggest essentially having two diff setups in your car is because of placement. Competing you will need to have the proper placement for your drivers to have the proper sound stage the judges want. Doing that with multiple drivers playing the same freq... Well, it would be very hard.

X3

they judge bass. I guess it could be a good midbass. but i need all the points I can get,..
They diff judge bass lol. If they didnt then they wouldnt be true sq nuts. Remember sq guys love all freq not just everything about 60 hz! Perhaps he meant its easier to have a good sounding sub stage than an front stage.

And try diymobileaudio.com they are true sq fans. Very nice people on that forum as well. Its where i go to research anything sq.

We need to meet up so you can take a listen to my Accord. Some of the okc guys on here have heard it. PM me if your interested.

We need to meet up so you can take a listen to my Accord. Some of the okc guys on here have heard it. PM me if your interested.
Have I not seen you at a show. I have talked ot mark eldridge at a lot of shows and todd luliak.... I plan on running a seled 8" maybe w6 or sa 8 in center console box then im not sure where to go from there. It burps 160 but i do demos and dont want it to get sompletely drowned out.. im lost when it comes to SQ.. i got a guy who can do install and make it sound right i just need help with equipment. brands etc.. so ui can look through it all.. going to be doing Street Q in usaci.. Pretty basic SQ stuff so it should be farely easy to max out on SQ points. and they dont judge install. Its an SPL crossover class.. I got **** tons of deadener i will look into the MLV.. but will it hurt my SPL score when laid over top of the deadener? thanks

I don't compete. I know the class you want to be in very well. Did you ever get a chance to see Anthony Aho's blue blazer before it burned down? I designed, tuned, wired and helped fabricate it. It would have cleaned house in that class if the dang tranny didn't catch it on fire..........

I don't compete. I know the class you want to be in very well. Did you ever get a chance to see Anthony Aho's blue blazer before it burned down? I designed, tuned, wired and helped fabricate it. It would have cleaned house in that class if the dang tranny didn't catch it on fire..........
I was out of town when he got it finsished. I have been spending alot of time in his shop. i helped him tear hiscar down last night. You might be who he was saying he would call to halp get my tuck right.. lol.. he said he knew some poeple. ya im good freinds with anthony.. He wants me to run DD but im not sure how well even their top of the line will fair..

and ya its gpoing tot ake big numbers to win it this year.. Im going to be bringing close to a 160 to shreveport.. so if i can get my SQ starit its going to take a hell of an SPL number to get me

I was out of town when he got it finsished. I have been spending alot of time in his shop. i helped him tear hiscar down last night. You might be who he was saying he would call to halp get my tuck right.. lol.. he said he knew some poeple. ya im good freinds with anthony.. He wants me to run DD but im not sure how well even their top of the line will fair..
i hear plenty of good things from their hi end separates...the lower end coaxial/comp set sounds nice too but could use a little eq'ing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.