12" Massive DMX or 12" SI mags need your advice

I second that. While I have no experience with Massive, I have a Mag 12 now and it impresses. In 2.0 tuned to 32 with about 1100 watts, I hit 141 on music ( Jeezy the Snowman), TL in the kick in a trunk vehicle. It may not be an all out SPL sub, but its output is more than enough. I had DD 3512 before this and it was louder than the Mag, but not by a whole lot
We are hitting 148db now with 2 Mags 12's:) Not sure what we hit with music....the boys spent too long burping them so i didn't have a chance to try out any tunes. So Jeezy works good huh? May have to go pick that up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

The 12" Mag is not discontinued, it is simply out of stock at the moment and is getting an updated design for re-release that will allow for more power handling but will maintain the same sound that you are used to from the Mag.

Well I'm a little curious as to what shop sells my subs that's in KY, as our only dealers are in GA, TX, and HI. If you could help me out I'd appreciate it.

And I wasn't trying to "start a fight", just stating a few things.

I'm fully aware of wattage - but you stated thermal. Thermal is not rated RMS, as thermal on the coil is MUCH higher than what we rate our drivers at in terms of RMS wattage. Maybe some other viewees of this thread will find your graphic helpful though.

And Jake is correct - we are re-designing the Mag's at the moment and the 12" models are temporarily out of stock. We still have 15" Mag's and both 10" and 12" sizes of BM's though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

E.T.A. for the new design? Same price?
And you're only doing what's necessary to up the power handling, no major overhaul or anything?
Well the appearance has been considerably changed, but the goal of the Mag is the same, so SQ and SPL are going to remain right where they're at. The price will remain exactly the same, while the motor on our new drivers is increasing in size quite a bit. No eta yet b/c I'm waiting to have the new Mag's right where I want them before I start production.

The current Mag design is awesome... no worries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The new one will just have a larger motor and a bit more power handling, not that the current Mag is a slouch at all. The 15" Mag is still in stock which, based on your sig, you are moving to one of those anyway -- also a great choice for the Mag sound with more output.

Well I'm a little curious as to what shop sells my subs that's in KY, as our only dealers are in GA, TX, and HI. If you could help me out I'd appreciate it.
And I wasn't trying to "start a fight", just stating a few things.

I'm fully aware of wattage - but you stated thermal. Thermal is not rated RMS, as thermal on the coil is MUCH higher than what we rate our drivers at in terms of RMS wattage. Maybe some other viewees of this thread will find your graphic helpful though.

And Jake is correct - we are re-designing the Mag's at the moment and the 12" models are temporarily out of stock. We still have 15" Mag's and both 10" and 12" sizes of BM's though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I Pm'ed you with my reply, I felt like this thread was no longer the place for our budding conversation. And realistically, this is all pretty much a useless thread anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Aura maybe because i have never heard one. But not any Image Dynamics sounds as good as a MAG. I have owned IDQ and IDW. If hes looking for SPL, then yes he should look elsewhere. To say that the mag is in the middle is assinine, but to each his own.
I have Aura subs, tweeters, comp sets, and amps, and a Mag. I can't say which is better because my RPM subs are 10s and the Mag is a 15 and my trunk space doesn't favor the huge install the Mag needs (like, at ALL). I can say for home theater where output, box size and power requirements are a moot point and it's all about clarity that I would pick the Auras first and have done so.

Different drivers, different applications, different purposes. Apples & oranges IMO.

You have a dealer in Hawaii? I live in Hawaii and I didn't know that. I got my Mag from Ben at Low-Hz. While he's cool and I'm happy with the Mag, I wish I knew there was a dealer here. I would have gone and looked at it before deciding to get it.

Well the appearance has been considerably changed, but the goal of the Mag is the same, so SQ and SPL are going to remain right where they're at. The price will remain exactly the same, while the motor on our new drivers is increasing in size quite a bit. No eta yet b/c I'm waiting to have the new Mag's right where I want them before I start production.
I'm considering upgrading once I get a bigger car to fit more subs. So, can these "new" Mags work with the one I have? Or I have to find another "old" Mag, or buy two "new" Mags?

I can't post pictures because it's considered "spam" but you will need to either pick up two new Mags or search for another used Mag. The cosmetic differences are going to change substantially.

And yes, Impact Auto Styling in Hawaii is one of our dealers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.