120 amp alt

Participant count
  • Participant list
if i DID do the Big 3, how significant of a change would that be on my electrical? maybe 1500 watts max?
Ya it deff will help a lot still your alt basically sets ur limit ... But I'm doing 1500 about an have went higher its still been to cold to even finish my big three so when I get a nice day ill let you know if the change is big

Ya it deff will help a lot still your alt basically sets ur limit ... But I'm doing 1500 about an have went higher its still been to cold to even finish my big three so when I get a nice day ill let you know if the change is big
cool thanks a lot. yeah if anything i'll probably do the big 3 when the sun decides to shine

Well assume your vehicle is using around 40A worth of power so that's 80A you can use towards your system. 80A * 14.4v = 1152w. Now say your amp is 70% efficient so multiply by .7 and you get ~800w of continuous power before your alt can't keep up. So yeah, roughly 100w per 10A of alternator power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.