12xxx-750 watts?

Why dont you just get 1 xxx. Getting two and splitting the power would be kinda pointless since an xxx can handle 1600 or more, unless you plan on upgrading in the future.

i for 1 will give a vote for 2 at 750 rms hitting harder than 1 at 1500. the 1600 rms rating on the xxx is a thermal rating not how much you need to reach mechanical xmax. maybe team psi guy can back me up on this.

More surface area with the same power generally = more output, sometimes alot, sometimes not. I would go with two also, assuming you can afford it. If you do get two, you can always add another amp later.

The biggest drawback is two subs need twice the box space... :\

Definitely not.
So you think that 1 XXX with 1500 RMS wouldn't be better than 2 XXX's with 375 RMS each? Since the BX1500 would be running at 2 ohms with 2 XXX's unless he got dual 4 ohm coils.

If you are going to stick with dual 2 ohm coils, I'd say get 1 XXX and 1 amp. If you have the desire to upgrade later, then buy 1 more XXX and 1 more amp.

I'd rather run a pair at ~750 a piece, then one at ~1500. The difference in power is minimal, as the effective radiating area will play a larger role than the power will.

You can get any desirable load with the XXX's, they do have multiple coil options available.

ok, thanks guys, i guess its two at 750 each.... only problem is if i want to upgrade and i have 2 subs, 4 ohm dvc each, i wouldnt be able to wire each amp to 1 ohm to get 1500 out of it

Well if you are going to make them DVC 4 ohms then I'd pick 2 over the 1 for sure. I was just saying that with the standard DVC 2 ohm you would only get 375 RMS each.

If you make them DVC 4 ohm I doubt you will need to upgrade. Unless you go so deaf that you just can't hear anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Otherwise, you can get 4 amps that are strappable, run 2 to each sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif That would be an option if you wanted to upgrade to insane power.

I wouldn't worry at all though, 2 with 750 RMS each should pound.

Another option would be to get the normal D2 config and run 2 off of a PG Tantrum. If you want more later, just get another Tantrum.

BTW, it will take a TON of power to get the XXX to its mechanical limits. Of course any driver pushed to its limit will be fairly shortlived. Unless you crank it constantly, it will not matter much at all which setup you go with as far as long term reliability. I don't forsee you sitting in the car with either setup running full tilt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.