146 db from a bmw 3 series trunk!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like i'll have to clamp the new box and see cause ive had multiple people respected in the industry tell me different

looks like i'll have to clamp the new box and see cause ive had multiple people respected in the industry tell me different
Weird, it turns out after searching that people say one thing or the other...doesn't seem to be a consistent rule(maybe there isn't a rule?). I had always heard from serious competitors that smaller box = less rise...never really tested it myself since i just dealt with daily boxes and didn't really care. But after doing a simple google search I found just as many positive results for "small box less impedance rise" as I did with "small box more impedance rise."

Let us know what result you come up with.

Weird, it turns out after searching that people say one thing or the other...doesn't seem to be a consistent rule(maybe there isn't a rule?). I had always heard from serious competitors that smaller box = less rise...never really tested it myself since i just dealt with daily boxes and didn't really care. But after doing a simple google search I found just as many positive results for "small box less impedance rise" as I did with "small box more impedance rise."

Let us know what result you come up with.

yep ive seen the same differing answers,,, time for some real world testing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thats what i like about this hobby

Hopefully my two AA Havocs will be here by the end of the week so I can wire that VFL 120.1 down to 1/2.......See if I can get a 148.........lol

Got my Havocs in.......SPL went down just a little along with my PEAK........The Havocs done a 145.8 @ 49 hz but they sound so much better than the ABs....Thanks AA........I can't wait until my new DC 3.5k gets here!!!!!!!

View attachment 26532473

What kind of car was it in?
Does a smaller box yield less imp rise? Or are there too many other factors? Most setups I have seen are getting close to 3x the rise of the nominal impedance.
Yes it yields less impedance rise there are many other factors but is one of the bigger ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

double 07

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
double 07
Etowah, TN
Start date
Participants